•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco Sport Off-Rodeo

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
We went to the Off-Rodeo for Bronco Sports this weekend.
They give out some swag, we each got a Yeti water bottle thing and a carry sack (presumably to hold purchases from the gift shop).

You drive their Sports. I thought that it was interesting that the vehicles had the base tires (Pirelli Scorpion AT2 ?) instead of the optional all terrains (Falken Wildpeak AT3W). I do have to say that I never felt lacking for traction with the Pirelli's.

Spent about 90 minutes learning how to use the GOAT modes and doing a some light off roading.
We went up a fairly steep hill, walking it was difficult, covered in dust and loose rocks of various sizes.

Had lunch, then did a mostly dirt road tour of the hill country with a couple of small water crossings (that any SUV/Truck could do).
A BS Badlands can be a lot of fun on a dirt road.

Then back to the Off-Rodeo property for two laps of what I'll call a rally course. This is where the fun was!

Then dinner, both lunch dinner were of excellent quality. Fajitas for lunch and Ribs for dinner with sides and salad.

While I would liked to have spent all day on the trails like the big Broncos I still had a great time and feel it was worth the time and money. Especially after not having a vacation for a couple of years. The lower your skill level the more I think you will enjoy it. I didn't learn anything about driving off road and still had great time.

Attachments

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
We are hoping to go to the Texas one this fall, which one did you go to?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
We went to the Texas Off Rodeo.