•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

cable battery

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
hi guys,
i want to change my battery cable for negative part. But i don't find the same cable...
mine have 2 little cable, and standard cable don't have this...
I don’t know what these wires are for?
my cable:

standar cable :

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
hi, nobody have this cable on Bronco? really?

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I haven't "looked" at mine all the way from end to end but the battery end looks like what's on my 89'. Of the two smaller wires by the battery the one with what looks to be a plug is for the ABS ground. If not hooked up you will have "rear ABS" light on and the parking brake light will stay on. The previous owner wanted his battery back when he delivered the vehicle to me. I never noticed that plug and ended up chasing my tail trying to find out what was keeping those lights on. The other one is also probably an aux ground.

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I haven't "looked" at mine all the way from end to end but the battery end looks like what's on my 89'. Of the two smaller wires by the battery the one with what looks to be a plug is for the ABS ground. If not hooked up you will have "rear ABS" light on and the parking brake light will stay on. The previous owner wanted his battery back when he delivered the vehicle to me. I never noticed that plug and ended up chasing my tail trying to find out what was keeping those lights on. The other one is also probably an aux ground.
thank you very much !!
i dont' find the same cable for change, have you idea where can i fond this? (with two little wires)

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Those little wires are just grounds, so you can use the same gauge wire and make your own. The plug is a ground for the ECM I think (but don't quote me). If you can't find a plug, I don't see why you couldn't hard wire it.

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
thank you, i will try to change the negative batterie cable, when i have time.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
I would suggest trying a NAPA if there is one near you. They carry more "stuff" than any other parts house.....JMO, I don't work for them.

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
thank you, i will try to change the negative batterie cable, when i have time.