•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Carb

GKM007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
So in the Duraspark conversions page it says that you can use a P/N 64-5242 from Autozone, but that part does not exist anymore. They also do not show a listing for a 1978 Mustang.

Doing a search at Orielly's for a 1978 Mustang Carb it shows a Part # 2-920
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ord=carburetor

Would this one work?

I do not know the difference from a feedback and non feedback carb to be honest.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
The difference between feedback and non feedback is on the back side of the carb there should be a round selinoid with a 2 wire harness plugged into it. If your doing a dura spark convertion then any 2150 non feedback carb or holley 2 bbl should work fine.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
That carb would be a direct bolt on and should not need anything to be added . I'm going to run the Holley 2-bbl when i do my dura spark convertion.

GKM007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Well ordered all my stuff today. Carb and Dizzy from Summit the rest of the list from Autozone. Not to bad all said and done it was $451 with about 50 bucks worth of core that I can get back from summit.

Time to read up on tuning a carb. :)

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Your new carb should not require any tuning.

Blueheeler47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So how did the conversion work out? Thinking I need to do this from what I have read. 85 BII, runs, but not very good.

hummerhogs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
i have a 1985 ford bronco 2 with a 2.8l engine in it. i have took out all the feedback components on the truck, but didnt plan on doing a duraspark conversion and im wondering if any 2 barrel carb with work as a replacement or if anyone had any suggestions on a good replacement carburetor

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
A full duraspark conversion with a 2150 is the way to go, you get a small but noticable improvement in power and very clean easy to maintain electrical/vacumn systems

ndcraig

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
stock v-6 carburated
A full duraspark conversion with a 2150 is the way to go, you get a small but noticable improvement in power and very clean easy to maintain electrical/vacumn systems
Another general 2150 question to tack on this thread.

Is there a difference between 2150's off mid-70's full-size ford large V8's and the ones used on the 2.8L?

Assuming there would be jetting differences but wondering if those carbs have other differences that don't make them useable at all?
(If not then what jet size should I be using?)

I've got a substantial pile of 2150's, 2100's, holley 2bbl's and a '84 B-II that runs gutless and rough that's due for the whole duraspark upgrade.
-Of course none of the carbs came from anything as small as the 2.8L