•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Cheap LED headlights

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I put a set of these on the BII; LED headlights , they are marketed for Jeeps but fit early BII's with square headlights.

Even with the H4 upgrade and relay harness I did several years ago the headlights were disappointing.
These LEDs are easily twice as good as the H4's were.

I didn't re-aim my headlights they just drop right in.

Together they use about 5.6 amps, just about half of the old H4's.

Buckup

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
That sounds like a sweet upgrade. Very cool looking too!

PartyPony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
My credo
Cowabunga!
@JerryC how has it been driving with these headlights since your swap? Do they require any harness upgrades? Do you feel like you're blinding people ahead of you, or do they hold up?

My 84 has the stock bulbs, which are perfect for lounging in front of at sunset, but not so great for driving at night 😂

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
@JerryC how has it been driving with these headlights since your swap? Do they require any harness upgrades? Do you feel like you're blinding people ahead of you, or do they hold up?

My 84 has the stock bulbs, which are perfect for lounging in front of at sunset, but not so great for driving at night 😂
They draw less power and they plugged into the harness I had in there for my Halogen lights.
This is the harness I have:
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/1983-1988-Ford-Ranger-and-Bronco-ll-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Harness/productinfo/94906/
Looking back I could have probably just removed that harness because the LED headlights draw less than the stock headlights.

They don't blind oncoming cars and besides having so much better output I really like that they light up to side much better. Think about seeing the deer about to jump in front of versus that deer just being in the dark.
I don't drive the BII a lot these days, "the virus" has me staying home much more these days.

PartyPony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
My credo
Cowabunga!
They draw less power and they plugged into the harness I had in there for my Halogen lights.
This is the harness I have:
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/1983-1988-Ford-Ranger-and-Bronco-ll-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Harness/productinfo/94906/
Looking back I could have probably just removed that harness because the LED headlights draw less than the stock headlights.

They don't blind oncoming cars and besides having so much better output I really like that they light up to side much better. Think about seeing the deer about to jump in front of versus that deer just being in the dark.
I don't drive the BII a lot these days, "the virus" has me staying home much more these days.
Thanks Jerry, I'll order some soon. Stay safe 🙏