•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Durhamtown Plantation, Georgia

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Well made a trip to Durhamtown Plantation this weekend and it was a blast. The park is 6,000 acres and the brochure says it is the largest off road park in the U.S. The majority of the park is for dirtbikes, atvs, and side by sides but there is a large area for trucks. It was the first time I have ever went to a ORV Park and my small b2 isn't much right now but it handled all of the obstacles I encountered. Here are some pics of the trip. I am planning another trip in December when the heat and bugs aren't as bad. If anyone is interested check it out at durhamtownoffroad.com its about 10 miles outside of Union Point, GA.

OffTrac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I went there for the first time last year. Considering going there July 7. It was much more dry when I went than it looks in your pictures.

Also considering Gulches in SC since it's only a 1/2 hour drive further for me but a much more developed park.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Yeah it was really wet. It poured the whole weekend. I was originally going to Gulches but Skip (owner of Gulches) called me Thursday morning and told me not to waste a trip up there this weekend because it was suppose to rain the whole weekend. Well I changed my plans and then I just heard that they got like 15 minutes of rain the whole weekend. I would like to make a trip to Gulches in a few months and give it a spin.

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Buy a tree strap man. Shit like that is what gives wheelers a bad rep, and gets good parks closed down. :badidea:

MeanMark87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4
Buy a tree strap man. Shit like that is what gives wheelers a bad rep, and gets good parks closed down. :badidea:
Seconded on that point...speaking as an arborist I hate to see a perfectly good tree get potentially girdled like that.

The pics of the BII in the water made me feel bad for the poor thing, but looks like you came out of it okay.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Yeah I didn't realize the damage it would cause to the tree. Im usually not stuck good enough to harm the tree but after that first time I used my tree saver strap from then on.