•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

EXHAUST HELP

Brooksie1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco ii
So I took the cats off my bronco ii, trying to straight pipe to a muffler but I can’t for the life of me find an oval adapter to fit where the cats were please help me this has been hell

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Mine had gutted cats when I bought it. I would not recommend going without cats after having that experience.
"Choking exhaust fumes" is the way I would describe it.
When I had the exhaust redone with aftermarket cats it didn't lose any power.

For "offroad purposes only", you could just cut the flange off and use a sleeve to go straight pipe to straight pipe or you could gut the cats you have and bolt them back on.

Brooksie1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco ii
Mine had gutted cats when I bought it. I would not recommend going without cats after having that experience.
"Choking exhaust fumes" is the way I would describe it.
When I had the exhaust redone with aftermarket cats it didn't lose any power.

For "offroad purposes only", you could just cut the flange off and use a sleeve to go straight pipe to straight pipe or you could gut the cats you have and bolt them back on.

Brooksie1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco ii
Thanks for the reply, ya this is my trail rig, I don’t know if I could stand the noise driving this daily lol

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
So I took the cats off my bronco ii, trying to straight pipe to a muffler but I can’t for the life of me find an oval adapter to fit where the cats were please help me this has been hell
For “off road purposes “. A 3” exhaust pipe with a bell on the end works. Squeeze it to oval and it will slide over the oval end of the Y pipe.

Brooksie1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco ii
For “off road purposes “. A 3” exhaust pipe with a bell on the end works. Squeeze it to oval and it will slide over the oval end of the Y pipe.
What do you mean by “bell”

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
What do you mean by “bell”
If you purchase a small section of exhaust pipe off the shelf at the auto parts store, one end will be enlarged to allow it to fit over another pipe. If you buy a 3” diameter pipe, it will be 3” outside diameter and the bell end will 3” inside diameter.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I had bought a 3 inch to 2 1/2 inch exhaust adaptor. Put the 3 inch end in a vise and smashed it to an oval as stated above... then welded it.

Brooksie1911

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco ii
I had bought a 3 inch to 2 1/2 inch exhaust adaptor. Put the 3 inch end in a vise and smashed it to an oval as stated above... then welded it.
Sick, I’ll try this thank you