•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Extended front brake lines

hexrob

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 1990 Bronco ii that I just lifted 4"and I was looking for a low price option on extending my front brake lines. I looked through all of the online threads I could find and none of them had a complete solution.
The tech library lists the raybestos brake lines as the low price option which is the route I took, however on the drivers side they are not a direct bolt on. The T fitting that connects the drivers side brake line to the master cylinder line and the pasenger side line is part of the front brake line. On my bronco I could not simply unscrew the old brake line and put in the longer line.
What I did was purchase a brake line T fitting with all female 3/16 threads, and a small 6" steel brake line extension with male 3/16 fittings. I connected the line from the master and the passenger to the T fitting first. Then I connected one end of the 6" extension into the T through the existing hole in the frame. I then bent the tubing down and around my spring and connected to the new raybestos brakeline.
I bought the t fitting and the 6" line at Pep Boys auto parts for around $5. Just Make sure you get a fitting that is designed for brakes.
I hope this helps.