•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Finally replaced the 33 year old 02 sensor.

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Boy what a challenge and to change.1st the location of the sensor on my 1988 was in a awkward location. Located on angle pointing up just before the converter. Can not get a impact wrench in there. Finally after soaking with Kroil for two weeks. The use of a angled breaker bar and a 5 point socket and a lot of strength it finally moved. It was tuff every crank. Good news after the install of the new o2 sensor it seems to run smoother with more pep. Good luck changing yours.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Yeah they can be pretty stubborn. Glad you got it out and is running better.

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
Just change the same one in my 89. Mine was snapped off as well. I gave up trying to change it prior because like you said it a bear to get to. Fortunately or unfortunately my muffler rusted out so I took the opportunity to take it all off. Y pipe to tail pipe. Heated up the bung hole and took an impact to it. Came right out. Cats looked good , clean screens. Fit a new muffler, it’s a turbo flow, a few repairs the the tail pipe. Welded her all up. A couple new hangers and blamo!! I’m good to go. No more CEL. Bonus. 😎

LeBronCo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 and 1986
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Life is more fun if you own a Ford Bronco II
Boy what a challenge and to change.1st the location of the sensor on my 1988 was in a awkward location. Located on angle pointing up just before the converter. Can not get a impact wrench in there. Finally after soaking with Kroil for two weeks. The use of a angled breaker bar and a 5 point socket and a lot of strength it finally moved. It was tuff every crank. Good news after the install of the new o2 sensor it seems to run smoother with more pep. Good luck changing yours.
What symptoms were you experiencing before you changed it?