•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fm146 problems

Dc4210

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys I recently bought my first vehicle, a 1988 Ford Bronco 2. The guy I bought it from said that a bearing in the transmission needed replacing and it would be fine. When I opened it i found this:

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/dayton_clarke1/library/88 Bronco 2?sort=3&page=1&src=www

This is my first time wrenching into something this deep and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at but I know these things need replacing. I'm just not sure what I should do. I've found transmission rebuild kits online but they only contain bearings, gaskets and seals. Not the gear that is all ate up. The only things I've found that have gears on them are the shafts, which are pretty pricey. Idrk if the gears can be removed from the shafts by themselves. I'm trying to keep this as cost effective as possible. If you guys could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it greatly.

Bcuzicn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Probably not what you want to hear but that's pretty chewed up/toast, your going to be better off finding a used one or swapping in the m5odr1 vs buying the individual gears, check your local pick n pull. Good luck, keep us posted.