•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ford Teases With Images Of The 2020 Ford Bronco

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score

Ford is teasing enthusiasts with the new Ford Bronco, and suggests a new small offroader that will join it:

Ford said:
We’ve already set the foundation for our SUV growth with new entries on both ends of the market — our all-new subcompact EcoSport and all-new full-size Expedition. Both are strong sellers already, which reinforces for us that these are the vehicles our customers have been looking for.

But we’re not stopping there.

We’re adding a lineup of true off-road SUVs that allow people to get out there and really use their vehicle for its intended purpose. Not too spartan and not too menacing, our new SUVs are amazing — inspired by the incredibly popular F-150 Raptor, which, incidentally, outsold the entire Porsche car lineup in the U.S. last year. Raptor is comfortable running at high speeds both off-road in the sand and on the road to your next destination.

We’re starting with an all-new small off-roader, which will join our highly anticipated Bronco, a versatile vehicle with maximum all-terrain capability in 2020. We’re also adding a new line of on-road SUV performance models, starting with our recently introduced new Edge ST. Next is an Explorer ST — and there will be more.

Read more HERE

https://medium.com/@ford/fords-surge-of-new-vehicles-reflects-consumer-trends-builds-toward-future-of-smart-vehicles-in-a-5d76a8e4f9c0

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This looks promising!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Hmm a new Bronco 2. Wait, they are supposed to be building something to compete with the Wrangler...well a full size Bronco would in reality be too big for that I would think...so are we Bronco 2 fans going to get a new Bronco 2? Looks to small in the picture to be a full size...then again the original 60's Bronco was between the size of the Bronco 2 and the full size if I recall.

eblightning

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The Bronco II and the original Bronco share many of the same dimensions. The teaser certainly foreshadows the 2020 being more comparable to the deuce rather than the full size. I’m really hoping for a solid front axle and manual trans... industry rumors have confirmed Dana will be the axle provider but that in itself does not predict whether it will be a solid or IFS

eblightning

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I should add, just as long as Ford doesn’t rebadge an Edge as a Bronco like the bow tie just did with bastardizing the Blazer nameplate. Has anyone seen the new 2019 Blazer? I’m a Bronco guy through and through and yet I feel bad for the Blazer fans out there...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I thought the original Bronco from the 60's and mid 70's was larger than the Bronco 2? I like the looks of them far more than the stuff they're building now...and I'm sure they're going to toss the Bronco stickers on the Edge and call it good and charge an additional $30k for it because why? People are dumb enough to pay for a sticker.

dirtcowboy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
The early Bronco is the same width as a BII, and I think the wheelbase is 2" shorter? When the "new" Bronco was announced they clearly referenced the BII as the model to be replicated.

I looked in my stuff an could'nt find the reference I quoted but it was something my wife got from Ford, she worked for Ford for 23.5 years and still gets insider stuff sent to her

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Interesting. So the new Bronco won't be a huge boat then at least. Only issue is which current SUV are they going to rebadge into a Bronco, you know damn well it won't be a new vehicle just like GM is doing with the Blazer :(.

roscoe0202

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0 litre
they're not rebadging anything William clay ford jr said this will be a rubicon beater i'm looking for something in the 95-105 wheelbase hopefully a solid axle 8.8 rear or spicer caomparable would be surprised if it don't have a 10 speed auto or optional standad I heard a seven speed manual was it I would look for somethin in the transfer case od 4.0:1 this will compete with rangler rubicon
roscoe