•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

french bronco II with problem for 4x4 mode and hot start-up

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
news of my Bronco, which is going very well, I made him small "home" covers for the front seats in order to preserve them.
I still have this problem of hot start-up which is better since I changed the gas filter, but I only get 1 or 2 tests, if not more juice.

And I had to wake my neighbor the other night at 11:00 because I couldn’t get up my street (it goes up hard) with the snow pressed and frost on top. The 4x4 mode did not want to start, of course the day I needed it the most ...
So I fiddled around to look at this problem. When I press the switch I don’t have any light that lights up and I don’t feel like I’m hearing the sound of the 4-wheel engagement. I removed the lugs to clean them, but nothing. I checked the fuse, it's ok.
Do you have any idea what the problem is?
he had done it to me I think at the beginning of his acquisition and the former owner had given me a process to follow by resetting the box, but I don’t remember the process...

I will soon consider emptying the gearbox (manual) and emptying the bridges.
If you have any ideas to help me solve my little problems, I am of course interested!!

A picture of the 4x4 conversion box: I had a wire that was disconnected by removing the box from its location, was it before? I don’t know, but by reconnecting it, no change...

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
hello,
so I changed the transfert motor case sequel to the tests. When I plugged in the new engine, without putting it on the transfer box, the 4x4 and low range lights went on, I deactivated them before putting the engine on the box. And then nothing, no lights and nothing responds, the module works. The new engine also does not respond while it runs once. Is it possible that the engine does not manage to run the transfer box? can we turn the notch on 4x4 manually?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Yes the transfer case can be shifted manually. There use to be a manual shifter called "Shiftster". I don't believe it is produced any loner though.

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
thank you, but why with the new motor, 4x4 don't work?
i dont' understand !!

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Did you try to manually shift it? Maybe it's stuck/locked in 2 wheel drive?

freddie2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
i will try to manually change 2wd to 4wd... i hope nothing damaged...