•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Fuel Lines to Tank?

Marty86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I've been working on bringing my 88 BII back to life after sitting for the past 5 or 6 years. I dropped the tank to replace the in-tank fuel unit and the plastic (or maybe they were once rubber and just hardened?) fuel lines that come from the rail fuel pump broke at the connections to the tank. I figured this was a good time to replace these ends so I bought new ones. They are identical to the old ones but seem to need to be "melted" or "formed" to the fuel lines. I've tried with my heat gun and then also with really hot water and they won't seal. Ford said they don't have these fuel lines in stock. Can I replace these with something universal or am I screwed?

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I used nylon and the following tool:

I think that tool would work on the OEM lines, but nylon line is cheap so why not put new in? Of course, metal is safer, but if you are going this route then the tool is the only reliable way in my experience.

Marty86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I was just trying to work with what's there, but you are right I should just replace them.

I'm going to see if I can find that toolset locally and if not, I'll buy that one. Jegs and I have had issues in the past with not following the shipping they said they would (and it arrive a week or more late)

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Yeah, try to find one you can borrow from a local parts store just to see if it will work with your OEM lines. If it doesn't then your not out anything. I found my kit for 50 bucks somewhere, but cant rememeber now.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
You can also post up this questions on Rangerstation. A lot more eyeballs over there to help you out.