•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

fuel pump wiring not right? or ecc

Gizzaf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II xlt
Engine Size
2.9l
My credo
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!!
Hey, I just swapped out my old 87 2.9l for an 88 2.9l the EEC and engine harness followed it and went well. I know about the changes for the 88 and conformed to that .my problem is the wiring for the fuel pump for the life off me I cant' make out heads or tales how the pump gets hooked up and which colors the wires that I am suppose to use I have power leaving the inertia switch which then leads to the big engine harness, from there I'm lost I know the 88 harness has a few more extra wires because of the options and ect. so when its going thru the main harness it comes out on driver side. the b2 I have is an 87. all I need is for someone to give me the colors and from where the originate from and how they hook out to the pump I know that when I turn the on key engine off there should be some relay clicking and the F\P should come on and shut off till I crank it the way its hooked up know the pump stays on r could be the EEC I guess but I still don't have that pump wired like it should be I can't remember for the life of me I was hoping that someone with electrical brains could help me I am at a lose and standstill please add you advice or comments. :dunno: