•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Help - We can't find a part

TOLIVERCOLO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
My 15 year old son bought a Bronco II and is trying to restore it. We have an issue - neither of us are familiar with this vehicle. This is the part that is broken. We don't know what is called or where to find it. There is a part number on it but that does not bring anything up on any website. It is on the top of the engine area, just to the right of the carburetor. There is supposed to be another arm on the lower side - Like a T. Can anyone help.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Its been a while since I have had a 2.8L V6 engine around, it should connect to the carburetor somehow, if I recall its called a Feedback motor assembly...or feedback solenoid. If I remember it bolts to the back side of the carburetor and there should be a vacuum line connection back there as well.

The only place you'll most likely be able to get one would be a pick a part yard.

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Are you sure that's off a 2.8 because I don't ever remember seeing that on mine. Post up a pic of the carb where it was. Give the year of the truck too. I have a complete carb sitting on my bench for reference.

Attachments

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Are you sure that's off a 2.8 because I don't ever remember seeing that on mine. Post up a pic of the carb where it was. Give the year of the truck too. I have a complete carb sitting on my bench for reference.
They said Bronco 2, if you read on the brass elbow on the OP's part it says to Carb, so that would make it a 2.8L V6 so it would be an 84 or 85 Bronco 2. Its been a while since I've been around a 2.8L V6, so I cannot recall for the life of me where I saw that but think it was on the back side of the carb it would control air into the carb from the computer feedback system. Now I wish I would have taken photos of my 84 Bronco 2's engine.