•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Help

ghost64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
I have a 1985 Ford bronco 2 with a 2.8 l V6 and 5 or 4 speed with overdrive the motor locked up on me a couple weeks ago and I'm stuck I need to get this thing running again do I do I am I going to have to have a whole new motor or is there any way to like maybe do a rebuild kit on it and it would work or something or does anybody have a motor that they could sell me for relatively cheap the cheapest one I found so far is $850 and plus shipping and handling which is way over a thousand which would put me in a hole so bad that I would never be able to climb out of somebody help me please

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
It's hard to say if you will need an entire engine without doing at least a partial tear down to see why it locked up. Did you run it out of oil or something?

Might be helpful to know what state or where you're located too.

ghost64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
I am in Yuma Arizona there was plenty of oil in it..I think the oil pump went out

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Ya know... I've seen where a power steering pump locked up and it prevented the engine from turning over.

Just to rule out accessory drive components from preventing the engine from rotating... take the drive belts off and see if the engine will turn over.

ghost64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
I've heard of that too . I tried that .. I was thinking of pushing it off a cliff

ghost64

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
B2
Took off valve cover ( drivers side) and there's no oil in/ on it at all so I'm kinda thinking oil pump .. but still even if I replace it , it's not going to unlock it.
I don't know what to do anymore with this truck I've had to do some much w it just to keep it running over the years. I'm just getting tired of working on it all the time