•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Hi, I need your help. I installed the 2 inch " lift adjustment donut, that is made by Supreme supensions. Now,

DannyBoy2020

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco Ii
the front wheels "toe inward" about 10 degrees. I'm worried that an adjustable camber/ caster nut will only adjust a max od 2 to 2.75 degrees. I think I screwed up in choosing the donut lift . I just want to lift the front about the two inches, in order to install larger tires and a beefy treaded tire. 235/75 R15, will fit on the original 6 inch wide wheels. The Bronco II is the LX version 4 wheel drive, Dana 28 spline. please help me with this dilemma??

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Any time you change suspension height you should have a front end alignment done........235's may be a tad bit wide for 6" rims....just my .02's

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
In my case they got the toe through tie rod adjustment, camber through the caster/camber bushing but the caster was still off. it was driveable but twitchy. The normal fix for that is to get radius arm drop brackets. I drove it like that for a until I found that there a radius arm bushings with some adjustment.
If you get the adjustable radius arm bushings you can get the caster to a reasonable amount where it is more stable.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mog-k8746/make/ford/model/bronco-ii
On mine, I set them to lower the radius arms as far as they would go.

You should get longer shocks too or at least shock extenders.

DannyBoy2020

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco Ii
Hi Jerry, good morning and thank you sooooo much for this information. I had Firestone start the alignment process yesterday and what a challenge this is. My plan now is to remove the old spring, with the new donut, and install the 1 1/2 to 2-inch lift springs, from Bronco Graveyard. Plus the adjustable camber/caster nuts. That's $199.00. Of course, the camber/caster can only help to a maximum of + or - 2.75 degrees and mien are higher. Hence, Thank you, it is great to hear about the "adjustable radius arm bushings ". Which is very good news for me. I also have been shopping for new shocks front and rear. Do you have an opinion on the brand of shocks? I've been looking at several of the top brands, thus far and haven't made a choice yet. This Dana front end is bringing a new and frustrating challenge to me. I've done a ton of work thus far and I still have more repairs and upgrades on my grocery list for my little Bronco. It's a fun ar to drive and it deserves to be brought back to a great Bronco II example. It was made in the Kentucky plant and has been a California car since day one. Thus, no rust. The last owner just drove it and didn't spend any money on maintenance, etc. The good news is they only had it for about a year...Thanks again for the help.

Attachments

DannyBoy2020

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco Ii
Thanks, Jerry, one of the more affordable choices that I'm considering is the Monroe also.