•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

How can I tell if it’s duraspark

Deacon31

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
I have an 85 bronco II pretty sure it’s still emissioned just wanting to make sure before I start the dura spark conversion.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Post a pic of the coil and any associated aluminum box that has wires connecting the coil and distributor. Perhaps a shot of the full engine bay.

Deacon31

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Post a pic of the coil and any associated aluminum box that has wires connecting the coil and distributor. Perhaps a shot of the full engine bay.

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Yes, it has been durasparked. The aluminum box with grooves cut on top, mounted to the drivers inner fender is the giveaway.

Deacon31

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Yes, it has been durasparked. The aluminum box with grooves cut on top, mounted to the drivers inner fender is the giveaway.

That’s what I was thinking but I’m new to this bronco II world and the cologne 2.8l. I have a lot of leaks to fix, but what are some upgrades you’d recommend?

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Depends on what you do with it. Mainly daily driver? Off road? What type of Off road do you see? Snow? Rocks? Mud? Desert? Trails?
Each has some upgrades that aren't common with others.

Deacon31

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Depends on what you do with it. Mainly daily driver? Off road? What type of Off road do you see? Snow? Rocks? Mud? Desert? Trails?
Each has some upgrades that aren't common with others.
Its my daily driver and it sees desert rock and some snow

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I would leave the suspension alone for now. Drive it stock, they are very capable as is. Learn the quirks of the driving style you have and the terrain you drive on. Perhaps look for a 1990 or newer donor for the d35 front axle and the 8.8 rear. 4.10 gear ratio with 31" tires are a good setup, tho stock 4.10 is getting hard to find in the d35. Eventually you may find you need more clearance and then you can look to a suspension lift or body lift to clear larger tires. All this takes money unless you're good at fabrication and have the tools; welders, grinders, etc.
Good luck. The b2 is a great little truck and can perform well. Has a great turning radius as well.