•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

How to remove the rear speaker panel on my 1989 Bronco II

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Does the top arm rest pop off to gain access to the speaker grille? Thanks!

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
I believe the 89 and 90 speaker covers are held in by posts that fit snugly into a receiver. You should be able to pull them off
image.jpg

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Thanks TW205. I used a thin piece of pine paint stirrer and like you said, it came right off. Now if I could just find the right plug in connector with pigtails so I can wire these new speakers, I'd be happy. I checked at least 5 suppliers and not one has the 1989 BII on their list, just the full size Bronco's. Very odd. Be well.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
P.S. tw205. Assuming that is your BII in that photo, Did you use an adapter or just cut the OEM wires? I'd rather not cut any wires. Thanks again.
CB

tw205

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Suspension Style
4wd
P.S. tw205. Assuming that is your BII in that photo, Did you use an adapter or just cut the OEM wires? I'd rather not cut any wires. Thanks again.
CB
It’s somewhat of a Frankenstein rig. It’s an 85 with interior walls, door panels, and ceiling panel from a 90. The truck has been stripped, parted out, then I went and bought my parts back and put her together. 😜. I think I ran new wire for the speakers. The old had long ago been removed.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Ah I see. Well, I guess I'll try a Ranger set of connectors. They look identical. Thanks.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
The Ranger adapters are a perfect fit even though the fitment says they will not fit. Too bad the SKAR RPX68's I bought sound like crap. I put the factory premium speaker back in. Cheers.