•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

I need help 98 Exp into an 89 B2

Hunter1985

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys, so I got my hands on a parts truck, a 98 Explorer with a blown Transfer Case. I'm going to swap the 4.0L motor into my 89 Bronco II.

The question I have, do I need the computer and wiring from the Explorer? Or do I just need to splice and match the wiring harness plug?

Also, the Transmission in my Bronco is out of an 86 Bronco, will that still match up to the 4.0L? If I need to pull the Transmission, will the Explorer Automatic Transmission work with my stick shift Bronco transfer case?

I'd really appreciate the help here guys, I want to get this truck fired up and going before Spring

87eddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
hello Hunter1985 I'm trying to do the same transplant. 1997 ranger 4.ol into my 1987 B2. I used the Ranger trans. auto. I'm really struggling with he wiring switch. I've come to the realization that I'm using the B2 dash and headlight harness. Using the 97 Ranger complete engine harness. I think 90% of the Ranger harness won't be used,it's just sorting out the wires I need. There was a guy that did the swap he made a chart on what wires were needed and such but I coul'nt make heads or tails of it. Look in engine swaps. any help will be appreciated. Thx

13Bnurse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Hey guys, so I got my hands on a parts truck, a 98 Explorer with a blown Transfer Case. I'm going to swap the 4.0L motor into my 89 Bronco II.

The question I have, do I need the computer and wiring from the Explorer? Or do I just need to splice and match the wiring harness plug?

Also, the Transmission in my Bronco is out of an 86 Bronco, will that still match up to the 4.0L? If I need to pull the Transmission, will the Explorer Automatic Transmission work with my stick shift Bronco transfer case?

I'd really appreciate the help here guys, I want to get this truck fired up and going before Spring
What motor mounts did you use. I am having a real challenge fitting the 98 4.0L into an 84