•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

I need some direction at this point!

Gizzaf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II xlt
Engine Size
2.9l
My credo
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!!
88' 2.9L to take place of 87' 2.9L wiring and fuel pump help i need some direction

HI Good day, I'm new to the site, I like it. I know that you will get me back on the road. I'm swapping an 88 2.9l into my 87 bronco2witch had the same power plant. Does the ecm brain computer and harness follow that 88, I know that 88,89 didn't have the EGR thing going on. I put my 87 manifold TB and injectors. removed the egr valve put a plate on it and plug the exhaust, this is where I get !!@#@#$$%^up. my fuel relay is giving me trouble I can't get any power at the fp and I checked the inertia switch dead also , so I ran a hot jumper into that . I also would like to know where the 2 vacuum lines go that are at the bottom of the air filter box. one comes from the manifold to that base but which one and then from that one where. also we still utilize the map sensor ? does the fuel canister still plug in under the tb between the pvc and crank breather. where having a hard time to get it to run or stay running so any advice is a good thing if someone there has a step by step way of smooth transition I'd jump for joy:icon_bounceblue: thanks so much ,gizzaf

Last edited:

90B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Did you get your issues fixed??

Gizzaf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II xlt
Engine Size
2.9l
My credo
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!!
NO i'm still stuck at the wiring for fuel pump just need diagram on how its hooked up and the colors of wires. what is the connecter on the side of block just by starter that plugs in and then from there where does it go. I don't have a low oil plug which is the extra wire on that piece but it has to plug in some where hope you can help me thanks