•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

I need some direction at this point!

Gizzaf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II xlt
Engine Size
2.9l
My credo
If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!!
87 2.9l swapped out to an 88 2.9l need some advice

HI Good day, I'm new to the site, I like it. I know that you will get me back on the road. I'm swapping an 88 2.9l into my 87 bronco2witch had the same power plant. Does the ecm brain computer and harness follow that 88, I know that 88,89 didn't have the EGR thing going on. I put my 87 manifold TB and injectors. removed the egr valve put a plate on it and plug the exhaust, this is where I get !!@#@#$$%^up. my fuel relay is giving me trouble I can't get any power at the fp and I checked the inertia switch dead also , so I ran a hot jumper into that . I also would like to know where the 2 vacuum lines go that are at the bottom of the air filter box. one comes from the manifold to that base but which one and then from that one where. also we still utilize the map sensor ? does the fuel canister still plug in under the tb between the pvc and crank breather. where having a hard time to get it to run or stay running so any advice is a good thing if someone there has a step by step way of smooth transition I'd jump for joy thanks so much ,gizzaf :icon_confused

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm sorry I can't really be of any help, because mine has the 2.8 without all the computer crap anymore.

Best be is to post this in the Ranger side of swaps too, and use the search function as much as possible. Ranger and BII 2.9 are identical so really look there too.

Best of luck.