•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Jeep bumpers on Bronco II

86broncII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Just curious if anyone on here has put bumpers designed for any of the jeeps on their Bronco II. I am mainly looking at the rear bumper with the spare tire sway built onto the bumper. Getting stuff ready to completely repaint my 86 Bronco II and would like to do something different with the factory tire swing. Smittybuilt makes several bumpers with tire swings for the jeeps and just was wondering if any one on here has attempted putting something like that on their Bronco II. I do have a 3in lift, so I do have a 31x10.50 spare. I haven't been carrying my spare for a long while now but would like to.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
was wondering the same thing myself...lots of nice smitty bumpers on craigslist for jeeps for cheap.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
Have a buddy that did this on his Toyota truck - and they looked great. Any fab shop (if they don't directly bolt on) or yourself could weld on the bracket to make them work...just depends on if you want to spend the time or money to put them on if they don't direct fit...

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
I think it is doable but you have to do some modifications.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Got one on the front of my Bii! Had to make my brackets to bolt it up! If you can fabricate and weld, have a little faith in yourself and you can do it! Not hard if you put your mind to it!