•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Jet Performance PCM for the 2.9.. Has anyone used one?

Overland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Has anyone tried the Jet Performance PCM on their 2.9 Bronco II or Ranger? Since performance chips are hard to find for OBD1 it looks like JET made a performance flashed PCM for the 2.9 that is supposed to give it a lot better performance. I would like to hear if anyone has tried one before I put out the money. Here is a link to the part...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-89004/overview/make/ford/model/bronco-ii

Broncotim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I have a Jet Module in my 1988 Ford Bronco II 2.9L 5 spd. I added it last year. My Bronco II has 150,000 original miles. It did wake up the motor. I no longer have to shift down on hills as much as before. Easy install. Hope this helps.

Overland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have a Jet Module in my 1988 Ford Bronco II 2.9L 5 spd. I added it last year. My Bronco II has 150,000 original miles. It did wake up the motor. I no longer have to shift down on hills as much as before. Easy install. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like it might be worth it for the added performance.

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I would love to hear your review if you do install one .

DanGleebitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I know this is crazy old; but if anyone is still wonderin" I'll be putting one on an 88B2 and 96F150.

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Thanks for your post Dan. I am considering one. By the way the above link shows the wrong part number. But, there are two that fit the BII's according to the check fitment link. Keep me posted. I'm interested in one for my '89.

DanGleebitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I put a Jet Performance PCM on my '88 2.9L FI BII; SUPER easy to put in, way easier than my 150;

I feel like it helped a lot by playing around with the timing. I used to have to crawl up this long hill by my house in second/third gear, and still be runnin out of chooch. I feel like it does just fine now. It feels like there's less throttlebody lag too. I have the Jet Performance Air/Fuel thingy, I'll put it on the BII see what it says. YMMV

I used the 88705 for manual trans

Thanks1

Last edited:

custombolt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Interesting.

DanGleebitz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Sorry this took so long; there really is no excuse. The dashcam/gps thingy was bunk so I took this with my phone, maybe it can provide some comparison to what my BII with the performance chip runs like. Keep in mind, I am in Denver, with an 88 2.9L 5spd