•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Just acquired a 1987, ready for resto & upgrades!

jmartens

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I am excited to be part of this forum, and more excited to get started on my 1987 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition.

My first car was a 1987 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer, purchased in 1993 with about 70k miles on it. I drove it through high school and collage, before giving it to my sister and buying my first new car. Now 17 years after giving it up, I miss the hell out of that Bronco II and had to get one for myself on my 40th birthday.

Looked online for a while and never found one I was wiling to take the chance on. Until this beautiful Bronco II came up for sale on Craigslist, in Sisters, Oregon. I bought it sight unseen, and sent a family member to pick it up for me.

Unfortunately, the tranny died 18 miles into the 100 mile drive to the storage destination, so now its at a tranny shop getting a rebuild with some small upgrades for durability and longevity.

Not sure what will come next, I still haven't even seen this car in person since I live in another state and will keep it in Oregon where my family lives and I travel to often, usually having to borrow a family members car when I am there.

I know I'll do paint, while it looks good in these pics, it has oxidized significantly on the hood and roof. Will also do wheels/tires, and likely a small lift so I can put some bigger shoes on it.

Looking forward to being part of this community, thank you in advance for welcoming me!

Last edited:

IIBRONCOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Welcome to the forum ! That is a nice looking B2. I have a 1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer. It is a fun little truck to drive. Bummer the trans went out so quickly after you bought it. Sounds like your 1987 found a great home.

James H

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
My credo
Hold my beer and watch this!
Great to have you, I have an 88 EB as a DD and I love it. Your looks like it will be an awesome platform to start from. Best of luck, keep us posted.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good. Love the background view. It quickly reminded me of the view I saw when I was camping at the KOA in Redmond back in July. Then I saw you mention Sisters. That's one area I wish I would have stopped and checked out on my way across McKenzie Highway.