•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Just found a pretty cool video

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Hmm, that was interesting. This video shows options I've never heard of before. Those lockable storage boxes in the cargo area, I've never seen those before at all.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Comments were disabled in the video maybe because they didn't want people like us to comment about some of the problems that have showed themselves such as the feedback carburetor crap, and the TTB axle.

I've never driven an S-10 blazer, driven a full size K-5 blazer and wouldn't mind owning one, but then again it was built for military use (M1009 CUCV) which had detroit lockers front/rear, 6.2L diesel, and manual lock-in hubs. Other than that I don't really trust the vacuum actuated 4WD systems, something just never worked right in those systems, they worked great playing around with them, but when you actually needed the 4WD it never worked LOL.

Frank The Tank

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
98 70
Vehicle
Protege' F100-R
Engine Size
1. sumthing 7.3 gasoline
Darn you. Now I feel the urge to go buy another B2!!!

Looking at those perfect specimens made me think about how their rear hatches would be broken, spare tire carrier flopping, head gaskets blown, hubs busted, greaseless front end rattling and perfect dashes cracked to hell in just a few short years.

Still want one.

Last edited:

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sweet vid. I have to admit I've always liked the styling on that S10 better than the B2. Hindsight is nice though, as we know the Ford 2.8 is a much better engine than that gm 2.8. I think one of the options on the chevy window sticker was "factory rod knock". Never been a fan of the TTB either, and those GM IFS are pretty much bulletproof. (other than the actuators) So yeah, some good, some bad from both of them. But damn, that Datsun pickup at the beginning is sweet. Would love to have one of them now.
Edit: Oh yeah, and those GM hatch setups squeak and rattle like crazy.

Last edited:

MeanMark87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4
That is THE coolest video I have seen in a while. Thanks for posting.

I like the B2's styling more than the Blazer but I've always thought the old Blazers were decent looking trucks. That said, I'd probably never buy one.

It pained me to see all those cherry, rust free Broncos in there though. When he opened and closed the tailgate all I could think was "my GOD IT ACTUALLY CLOSED WITHOUT HAVING TO SLAM IT!"

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Hmm, that was interesting. This video shows options I've never heard of before. Those lockable storage boxes in the cargo area, I've never seen those before at all.
Mine lock. The first gens... If you still have the original door key, try it. I didn't know it till I saw it on another forum one day. If you have the 2 on the right side and one on the left, they lock...

Plus idk why y'all are hating on TTB. In stock form it works perfect... And modded CORRECTLY it works flawlessly. Brinker, disciplerocks, legoms13, and a few others have proved it. It just has to be done correctly.

Last edited:

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel
And then the Cherokee came along...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Mine lock. The first gens... If you still have the original door key, try it. I didn't know it till I saw it on another forum one day. If you have the 2 on the right side and one on the left, they lock...

Plus idk why y'all are hating on TTB. In stock form it works perfect... And modded CORRECTLY it works flawlessly. Brinker, disciplerocks, legoms13, and a few others have proved it. It just has to be done correctly.
My B2 is plain, I don't have those boxes, like I said I've never seen them before until this video. I may have to see if I can find some, or build something as I don't think the back seat will ever be used in my B2 anyhow its been folded down since I've had it, so either those type of storage boxes, or build a floor storage system.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
And then the Cherokee came along...
Yeah, I'd love to have one of the late 80's early 90's Jeep Cherokee's. I've been many places with one and I'm always amazed where they go without very many mods needed. Haven't ventured too far with my B2 as my tires are about shot so I have to baby it along for another month or 2 until I get caught back up on funds again. I was never a fan of the S10 blazer, the B2 is ok, but no where near as stable as the Jeep Cherokees were.

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel
I remember driving thru my friend's gravel pit and my friend trailing his hand in the water it was that deep....

On stock tires.

Still made it thru no problem. The thing I miss most about that vehicle is it was a 5 speed and with the Comman-Trac, I always KNEW it was in 4wd. None of this hoping my vacuum hubs engaged crap.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
I remember driving thru my friend's gravel pit and my friend trailing his hand in the water it was that deep....

On stock tires.

Still made it thru no problem. The thing I miss most about that vehicle is it was a 5 speed and with the Comman-Trac, I always KNEW it was in 4wd. None of this hoping my vacuum hubs engaged crap.
Haha, yeah they were pretty tough even in stock form. Not too sure on the B2 too many things I need to do to worry about taking it offroad LOL.

MeanMark87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I4
Mine's got the locking cargo boxes in the back. And the BII's I've been around to rip parts off of all had them. I'm almost thinking it's harder to find one without the boxes.

The other thing I was thinking watching the video is...how was this being presented? It was some kind of interactive video which seems kind of advanced for 1984, maybe an early laserdisc. And where would you watch something like this back then?

Gilbee01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Love this vid .. Had to send it to my brother that's says the blazer is better.. Lol. Sweet victory threw technology. Hahaha

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Mine's got the locking cargo boxes in the back. And the BII's I've been around to rip parts off of all had them. I'm almost thinking it's harder to find one without the boxes.

The other thing I was thinking watching the video is...how was this being presented? It was some kind of interactive video which seems kind of advanced for 1984, maybe an early laserdisc. And where would you watch something like this back then?
Yes, most likely was a laserdisc video. However there were a few parts it seemed to me like that were cut out in the video.

I'm going to do some searching around for an old bronco 2 and see if I can find those cargo boxes. It doesn't look like my 84 ever had them or the interior had been changed out as there's no mounting locations to lead me to believe mine had them at any time. Would be nice to have them though.

Gilbee01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I had the locking boxes in 2 of my bii but they where never very good at actually locking shut.. Lol

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
That don't surprise me. I've been thinking about building some sort of floor type storage system just to keep stuff organized. I don't have much in the back of my B2 yet, but once I get the new tires on it, I plan on venturing up into the mountains camping once in a while so I'd like to build something to be able to organize my camping equipment. Those side boxes would be nice to just store some smaller items out of the way that I carry all the time.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
This video was pretty sweet! This time 2 years ago I was debating between the blazer or the b2 and it was just that I found a b2 for a better deal. I am so glad that I went with the b2 instead of the blazer. I like both body styles because they are nice and boxy.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I never knew that a b2 was ready to go for flat-line towing. Good to know.

edit - also thats a HUGE difference in gas tank size.

Last edited: