•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Just Looking For Some Experienced Thoughts

R£D*R£APER

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Greetings,
I have been doing work on my 85 B2. While under the hood I heard a thud. Looked down and saw this black thing with wires going into both sides. Looks like a fuse of some sort. I haven't had the chance to trace back wires to find what's running through it. I intend to but I was hoping to get some answers as to what it is and whether or not it's possible to find a replacement. I will try to atta h pictures.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Well, it has the electronic symbol for a resistor imprinted on it but it looks like a fusible link. Maybe someone else has seen one.

R£D*R£APER

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Well, it has the electronic symbol for a resistor imprinted on it but it looks like a fusible link. Maybe someone else has seen one.
Thank you for the reply. I actually just figured that out. Wish I had seen your message sooner. I've been messing with it for the last couple hours. I pulled out the multimeter and it had no continuity so I figured it was a lost cause but soldered new wires on and glued it all back together just to give it a shot. Still had no continuity.. Then it popped into my head that if it were a resistor maybe it'd have no continuity. Found a video on testing a resistor, tried it out and it worked. Still not sure what the resistance is or what it's supposed to be but now I know electricity is making it from one end to the other. I'm no electrician but now I know what the symbol for resistor is. Thanks again brother. Appreciate your response.