•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Just purchased this lovely CLASSIC B2!!!

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
You can see the difference a 9 hour polish did to this beauty!!!!!!! I wet sanded the rear top end and removed the nasty, cracked stickers. I'm in love!!!

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks Jim!

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Nice looking B2

Dennis

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Also replaced the headliner and added black seat covers.:yahoo:

Attachments

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That headliner looks great, what'd you use to replace it, I need to do mine bad

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
That headliner looks great, what'd you use to replace it, I need to do mine bad
Thanks, took some time and patience!!!! Well worth it! Mine was dirty and ripped. Sure does refresh the inside.

I used two and a half bottles of adhesive spray, did some research and this brand did an amazing job......

Permatex 27828 Body Shop Heavy Duty Headliner and Carpet Adhesive, 16.75 oz Aerosol Can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HBNU9K/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_MXqxAbXZM2PAR

The material I used was a black foam backed, little more pricey but you'll forsure be happy with the results. While I was removing the old headliner some of the foam came of with, so be extra careful with this step if you decide to get a cheaper material. If you do rip some foam off, I would forsure go with a foam backing.

Spray headliner first and let it sit while you spray the board. This will ensure your headliner will NOT hang in a couple of years. What helped me most was to lay the headliner first and pull back only half to work with two sides.

Have fun and let me know how it turns out. It was a pretty cool bonding moment with my B2, plus I saved $150.
Cheers!!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Damn that thing looks new. Great find and great job. My 88 B2 is far from just a simple wash and wax job unfortunately, the paint has well disappeared in several areas on the roof and back hatch, needs painted...almost tempted to get paint and do it myself since apparently the paint shops charge by vehicle weight or something, they wanted $4500 to paint my Bronco 2 not including the hood and lower tan color that they already charged me $1800 to do. I was like umm no it can just stay the way it is. I had the hood painted because it was starting to get a lot of surface rust on it and wanted to get that fixed before it became a major replacement problem rather than just a sand and paint fix.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Dude, you suck ! :)

Looks sweet. There's a ton of pride coming from that 9 hour polish job and you certainly deserve it.

The wheels, the gold looks ok, I don't like that tires stick out past the body so far. It's going to mess up your polish job :)

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Damn that thing looks new. Great find and great job. My 88 B2 is far from just a simple wash and wax job unfortunately, the paint has well disappeared in several areas on the roof and back hatch, needs painted...almost tempted to get paint and do it myself since apparently the paint shops charge by vehicle weight or something, they wanted $4500 to paint my Bronco 2 not including the hood and lower tan color that they already charged me $1800 to do. I was like umm no it can just stay the way it is. I had the hood painted because it was starting to get a lot of surface rust on it and wanted to get that fixed before it became a major replacement problem rather than just a sand and paint fix.

Hello wildbill23c!

I appreciate your kind words! Yea, a great paint job will take some time and $$. I'm glad you got that taken care of, rust sucks!! I sprayed the undercarriage with black paint to eliminate rust, looks nice too. :icon_bounceblue:

Please post a picture of your rig, I'd love to see it!

Jsmiles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Dude, you suck ! :)

Looks sweet. There's a ton of pride coming from that 9 hour polish job and you certainly deserve it.

The wheels, the gold looks ok, I don't like that tires stick out past the body so far. It's going to mess up your polish job :)

Thank you Jerry!
Yes!!! I'm very honored to call her mine!! :yahoo:
I still have the original wheels, I might just switch back. :beer::icon_welder:

jjbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Looks really nice!:icon_hornsup:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Hello wildbill23c!

I appreciate your kind words! Yea, a great paint job will take some time and $$. I'm glad you got that taken care of, rust sucks!! I sprayed the undercarriage with black paint to eliminate rust, looks nice too. :icon_bounceblue:

Please post a picture of your rig, I'd love to see it!
Here's my 88 Bronco 2...still needs quite a bit of paint work, and an engine rebuild.

Attachments

Scottbond29

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Bronco looks great! I just did the headliner in my 90 the other day. I completely agree with your method