•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

knock sensor

cklueee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l vs
need to buy a knock sensor for my 1986 ford bronco ii 2.9l. anyone. please. :pray:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
If I recall they are no longer available. At least none that I've found.

cklueee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l vs
If I recall they are no longer available. At least none that I've found.
i knowwwww :dunno: im currently at a rough running condition, have almost no power in drive, misses slightly at idle also. ive replaced damn near everything i can think of, and some more, and also everything that the code reader has told me too, this is the last thing im throwing codes for and of course it would be obsolete.

sjr53

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
check your fuel pressure and look for fuel in the vacuum line at the fuel pressure regulator. A bad FPR may not throw a code. The knock sensor will not cause your problem(s). I once drove to a store and back with my TPS unplugged. It ran but had very low power.

cklueee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l vs
check your fuel pressure and look for fuel in the vacuum line at the fuel pressure regulator. A bad FPR may not throw a code. The knock sensor will not cause your problem(s). I once drove to a store and back with my TPS unplugged. It ran but had very low power.
well essentially thats the problem im having now. forgot to put an update but did FPR, plugs caps wires rotor, IAT sensor, ECT sensor, ignition coil, TFI module, thermostat, egr valve TPS, basically everything i could get my hands on except for the only thing i couldnt which is the knock sensor. she starts up and idles like never before, its a beautiful thing hoenstly. but when i put it in drive i have virtually no power, which is not such a beautiful thing, feels super sluggish and like im towing a trailer of bricks.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Check that you don't have a brake dragging. You can find a downhill section and coast down it as a quick check. Wouldn't be bad idea to get the wheels up in the air and see if they turn freely.
Check for a vacuum leak, mine idled pretty good with bad upper intake gasket but had no power.
Crap gas will make it run like... crap.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Oh forget to say that my knock sensor had the wires to it cut when I bought it. Had it almost three years before I found that. Still isn't hooked up as I can't find the wires in the harness.