•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Left for Dead and Brought back to Life

Lil'Bucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
My credo
Take it Easy
13 Nov 2019
I have wanted a Ford Bronco II since 1983 when I saw one in the new car section of the leading car magazines. Then I went down to the local Ford dealer and saw the window sticker, I was 17 making a whopping $3.35per/hr so that was out of the budget.
Last September 2018, I purchased not one but two B2s. The first a Red/White 1986 that had no transmission. The second a Black/Tan 1988 Eddie Bauer edition, left for dead in a towing companies lot.
The 88 became the project as it jumped to life with a fuel line placed into a can of gas (I know don't try this at home Safety third). The 86 sat at a buddies house until just a few weeks ago when I hauled it to my garage and put a "junkyard" trans in. It is ruff but also jumped to life with a few shots of starting fluid into the air breather.
Where am I going with this? Well don't give up on your dreams or these tuff little Bronco's. Yes they are problem ridden with transmissions that were boxes of junk and fuel systems that leave a lot to be desired. But hey, they are fun when they run. Especially these days where all you see are the new JL's and Gladiators or the carbon copied Mall SUVs. I always get a thumbs up when driving my B2 and someone always asks me questions about it when out and about. ( I get more response for it than my Mustang).
Well here are a couple as found and current photos of the '88 B2. Remember enjoy these gems as they are becoming rarer each day succumbing to rust and neglect.
Thanks for the soapbox time.

Attachments

strackso

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco
How inspiring. It must feel good to be able to fulfill your dream of owning a Bronco.

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Awesome! I must say that you did a good job in bringing it back to life.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
That old B2 looks great. They're not coming back, and they're not getting younger. I love my 88 EB B2...yep its taken a lot of money to get it reliable but well worth it to be able to drive it for several more decades. I just picked up an 87 Ford Ranger too which just needs a bit of service that was neglected, its getting new shocks installed today, then back to the house so I can tackle the leaking fuel reservoir and fuel pump. Both are fun to drive, but totally different world of vehicles my Ranger has the 7 foot bed.

Until I got my first Bronco 2, I had never paid much attention to them. Now that I have my 2nd one (first one got scrapped due to horrible body damage in the way of way too much rust) I've been putting money into it to keep it going for many...many years. The plan is to keep grabbing extra parts as the opportunity arises so I can be sure I have the parts to keep it going LOL.