•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Long time lurker first time poster needing wiring help for my 4.0 swap

Broncojonesn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm pretty new around here when it comes to posting, I lurk and read mainly and you guys around here have saved me alot of money fixing things myself so hats off to you all. I'm about to do a 4.0 swap into 89 b2 and have a question about wiring. If I swap the entire dash, and all the wiring from the ex into my b2 then it should be plug and play correct when it comes to the wiring? I know my dash will work, and mechanically I can handle the job but wiring and electrical isn't my strong suit so if it's a plug and play to swap dash and everything then that's probably the route I'll take. Thanks

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
It is my understanding that if you use a 93' or older 4.0 all you need is the engine, engine wiring harness, and the ecm. Basically a plug and play swap. Why are you considering swapping the dash?

Broncojonesn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
There is alot of information here and I've tried to read through it all but some of the wiring info is conflicting. I do understand my b2 dash and the ex dash are the same, but I'm sure there are some pinouts in the big white plug on the driver side firewall that must be different from year to year. So me being somewhat electrically challenged lol figured it would be easier to swap dash and everything to make it plug and play. Thank you for your response by the way. Coming here chatting with you experienced guys on this subject is the only way I'll get it done.