•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Looking for a BII, what will switch from my Ranger?

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
As the title says I'm looking into moving my focus into getting a BII and bailing on the Ranger project. The body is too far gone and the frame wasn't far behind it. However, I've aquired many parts for the truck and I'm wondering what I could swap over?

Do the BII's and Rangers share leaf spring sizes? If so, I have practically brand new leaf springs with an explorer 8.8 (disks/4.10 gears/LS) waiting to go in. I'm assuming the belltechs will also fit.

I'd like to put my explorer seats in it too if they would work, they're nice. Oh so comfortable. Came from a two door so the passengers seat moves all the way forward too. But what could I use in the back? Do explorer benches fit or no? Worse case scenario I have to recover a BII bench but I'd like a matching set if possible.

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
springs and shackles are the same. i dont remember for sure but it seems like the spacing between the spring pads are different though so if that axle is already set up for the ranger, it might take a little work to make it fit the b2. i dont remember for sure though. the front seats should swap right in as long as you keep the proper seat tracks. the rear seats i dont know.

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Haven't welded my perches on yet so I should be golden there.

I think the explorer is quite a bit wider, I'll have to stop in at the JY this weekend and measure it out.

Oh, and if anyone hears of a BII for sale cheap in the southern NY/Northern PA area give me a heads up! I might go take another look at the XLS I saw but it was a little too rusty for me.

4.0B2

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
rear seats won't work.. at least it looked like to much work when I was looking at them.

koda6966

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Darnn. I wonder if I could recover the BII seats using the Explorer fabrics?

Hmm..

There's a decent BII on craigslist, but it has a tan interior. :( I want gray. Gonna be hard to find eh?

fordguy1661

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
the axels from explorer has the same perch width as a b2, but the axle is about an inch wider per side, the springs are a direct bolt in, i asume the beltechs are spring hangers, if they are for a ranger then they will work. as for the seats the front are a direct bolt in, but the back seats wont work the explorer seats are wider than the b2.
i just installed explorer seats in one of my b2s, and have ranger axles and springs installed in same b2 also.

fordguy1661

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
the axels from explorer has the same perch width as a b2, but the axle is about an inch wider per side, the springs are a direct bolt in, i asume the beltechs are spring hangers, if they are for a ranger then they will work. as for the seats the front are a direct bolt in, but the back seats wont work the explorer seats are wider than the b2.
i just installed explorer seats in one of my b2s, and have ranger axles and springs installed in same b2 also.
FORD. Not built with taxpayer money