•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Looking for nerf bars side steps for 89 B2

Slammin Sam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Now that I've finally found my latest Bronco II, a pristine 89 XLT, I have a problem. My height challenged wife has trouble climbing in. You know the old saying, if mom's not happy NOBODY's happy! I've been searching the web for nerf bars for the B2, without any luck. I can't stand the extruded aluminum running boards. I'm looking for a round or oval bar. There are plenty made for big trucks, but none for our little trucks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I own a machine shop, so altering an existing design is not out of the question.

Last edited:

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Might want to look into a set of rock sliders. That's the route I went. I ordered a set of the 58" trail gear sliders from 4wheelparts.com. Right around $220 with the mount and gusset kit. Some welding is involved. I mounted mine flat to use as a step instead of angled like a slider should be. Here are a few pics.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
im looking at a step too as my lift and tires really put the floor up there!

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I gotta ask, how tall (short) is your wife? I've dated some short chicks, and none were that short.

I would think a set of nerf bars from a newer Ranger, even a regular cab, could work with some modification.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Might want to look into a set of rock sliders. That's the route I went. I ordered a set of the 58" trail gear sliders from 4wheelparts.com. Right around $220 with the mount and gusset kit. Some welding is involved. I mounted mine flat to use as a step instead of angled like a slider should be. Here are a few pics.

very nice!

87steelhorseII

Reaction score
Under the Carolina Moon and Palmetto Tree (SC)
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have looked at several Explorer Sports (2dr) side steps in the salvage yard thinking they would fit. If I am not mistaken the end caps may need to be left off otherwise they may be a few inches longer but easily modified.

Its worth looking into. Powdercoat or chrome them.

surratt

Reaction score
im about to go this route with the trail gears... are you having an issue with clearance at full suspension flex....i figured i might have to cut the ends down and just weld up plate steel on the ends.....any more pics as to where you welded at etc. ?