•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My 2023 Big Bend 😎

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Nice, and the correct number of doors too. LOL We'll give @85_Ranger4x4 a pass since he's got a kid and, technically, it's his wife's ride. FWIW, the JB4 tuner makes my 2.7 pretty snappy, but I do keep 92 or 93 octane in it. Averaging about 22 mpg on level 3. The only mods I've done besides the tuner are fog lights, door pockets and the autostop eliminator. Plus a couple of Forscan tweaks. No real offroading yet, but plan to when I can get the time. Right now mine's just a fun DD.
View attachment 16138

Since you bring it up... the Bronco makes some sweet power.

The Ranger is advertised as 270hp and 310ft lbs.. but what they don't exactly tell you is that those figures are only If you fill it up with 91. If you run it on 87 like I did, they only make about 240hp/270tq.. still plenty of power.. with all that torque by 3k rpm they move out pretty well.

The bronco though... running on the cheap swill we call 87 octane allows for 275hp and 315tq. 91+ and it'll make 300hp/325tq.

I didn't realize this when I bought it. I was under the assumption that it made the exact same power as the ranger. Needless to say... I was pretty damn excited when I found out lol. +35hp and +45tq over the ranger.. and it weighs around 700lbs LESS than the ranger.. she SCOOTS!

I'm excited to finish break-in and fill it up with 93.

IMHO, You've got right color!
Definitely my favorite color for the Bronco.. it's a shame it was only available for the first 2 years.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Definitely my favorite color for the Bronco.. it's a shame it was only available for the first 2 years.
Ya, my order rolled over after they cancelled Cyber Orange. I decided I wanted CO and bought one off the lot with ADM.
We left the order open so the wife can get hers and it still has not been built and I think Ford will cancel it this fall when they switch over to orders for 2024.
We'll lose price protection at that point after 2 years of waiting.

She says "no more Fords if they cancel my order" . She is already interested in what the new 4Runner will be like.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Since you bring it up... the Bronco makes some sweet power.

The Ranger is advertised as 270hp and 310ft lbs.. but what they don't exactly tell you is that those figures are only If you fill it up with 91. If you run it on 87 like I did, they only make about 240hp/270tq.. still plenty of power.. with all that torque by 3k rpm they move out pretty well.

The bronco though... running on the cheap swill we call 87 octane allows for 275hp and 315tq. 91+ and it'll make 300hp/325tq.

I didn't realize this when I bought it. I was under the assumption that it made the exact same power as the ranger. Needless to say... I was pretty damn excited when I found out lol. +35hp and +45tq over the ranger.. and it weighs around 700lbs LESS than the ranger.. she SCOOTS!

I'm excited to finish break-in and fill it up with 93.

Ya, my order rolled over after they cancelled Cyber Orange. I decided I wanted CO and bought one off the lot with ADM.
We left the order open so the wife can get hers and it still has not been built and I think Ford will cancel it this fall when they switch over to orders for 2024.
We'll lose price protection at that point after 2 years of waiting.

She says "no more Fords if they cancel my order" . She is already interested in what the new 4Runner will be like.
Yeah, the CO really pops in the sunlight. It actually wasn't my first choice in color when I was looking to order one, but when I saw this one on the lot the deal was pretty much done. I agree, the 2.7 EB is plenty peppy right off the rack, but the tuner helps with throttle response down low and provides a bit of extra bang when you really want it. I assume it would be the same for the 2.3.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I find it mind boggling how I can just go into a dealership and buy a brand new Bronco all easy peasy while there's still people waiting on their 2+ year old order to get fulfilled. I can certainly see and empathize with the frustration.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
I find it mind boggling how I can just go into a dealership and buy a brand new Bronco all easy peasy while there's still people waiting on their 2+ year old order to get fulfilled. I can certainly see and empathize with the frustration.
Yes, if you just want a Bronco, then all you have to do is go buy one. You're not going to get it below MSRP or likely even at MSRP, but most dealers aren't bloating the price too terribly much at this point. However, most of those waiting on an order, wanted a specific configuration and/or trim level.

I originally wanted a Wildtrack, but didn't want to go through the order process. When I found the OBX, it had everything I really wanted and was only a tad over MSRP since I was a good customer at this dealership. The same dealership got a gorgeous white Wildtrack in about 2 months later and I was about 4 hours late in trading my OBX in for it. Someone bought it right out from under me. They were going to give me about $1500 less than I paid for my OBX on trade. Basically the original MSRP.

Oddly enough, I'm now waiting on my 2023 F350 that I ordered through the same dealership. Go figure. Though, supposedly, I'll only have to wait a couple of months on it. Not 6 months to a year. We'll see.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
kenda-klever-r-t-kr601.jpg

I do believe tomorrow will be the day I buy some tires in preparation for the lift 🤗

99% decided on a set of 285/75/18 kenda klever r/t's. Same tire is also available in a 35x12.5.. but.. losing the inch of width by picking the 285 will save probably close to 20lbs of rotating mass between the 4 of them.

Ideally I'd like a lighter tire... Cooper has an A/T in the same size that only weigh 59lbs a piece... but for another 100+$ each... can't swing that this year unfortunately.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'd probably do the lift first. Then save for exactly what I want.

I've learned my lessons over the years settling fir less then I want. Sure it's instant gratification... but in the end... it falls short of the plan.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

I've learned my lessons over the years settling fir less then I want. Sure it's instant gratification... but in the end... it falls short of the plan.
"You can always have second best, but it's hard to get enough"
David Wilcox, from the song Eye of the Hurricane.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door

Oh I've definitely learned that lesson too. Thankfully!

Before I even brought the thing home I had my eyes on the kendas, so it won't be falling short of the master plan at all.

Ideally, a lighter tire would be nice.. save on some of that MPG.. but.. as with life.. lots of things that are/would be ideal just don't happen. The older I get, the better I can deal with that. I'm just grateful that I can manage to have a new Bronco and buy it big tires 🙂 lots of things to be grateful for. I try to remind myself of that as much as I can.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I kinda like a narrower tire, if you need more footprint air down.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm kinda in the same boat. As close to pizza cutter one can get without being pizza cutters.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I wish I liked the stock wheels more... id put 35s on those and enjoy the extra sidewall for more of a pizza cutter fitment. Not too many tires these days that are tall and skinny.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I wish I liked the stock wheels more... id put 35s on those and enjoy the extra sidewall for more of a pizza cutter fitment. Not too many tires these days that are tall and skinny.
I liked the bb wheels better than the BD wheels personally.

I wish they had more offset to the factory wheels too. We smeared two of them in Kansas, luckily they are aluminum painted black so it doesn't show... lol.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I liked the bb wheels better than the BD wheels personally.

I wish they had more offset to the factory wheels too. We smeared two of them in Kansas, luckily they are aluminum painted black so it doesn't show... lol.
I DO like the BB wheels. The color is nice and they're not styled horribly compared to other stock SUV wheels.. it's just the offset like you said. Not enough.

Even with the +18s I put on the ranger I managed to ding 3 out of 4 my first time out lol. Not the faces... but dings none the less.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I DO like the BB wheels. The color is nice and they're not styled horribly compared to other stock SUV wheels.. it's just the offset like you said. Not enough.

Even with the +18s I put on the ranger I managed to ding 3 out of 4 my first time out lol. Not the faces... but dings none the less.
"fake" beadlocks with more offset and silver lips are looking better and better... but they stick out farther.

I keep circling the wagons and coming up dry for wheels, if it was mine I would have saved a grand and went steel.

Last edited:

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
"fake" beadlocks with more offset and silver lips are looking better and better... but they stick out farther.

I keep circling the wagons and coming up dry for wheels, if it was mine I would have saved a grand and went steel.

Oooh! I've always scoffed at the fake beadlocks.. but now that you bring it up.. I see the advantage.

The steelies ford puts on the broncos DO look pretty damn good.. as with the wheels they're putting on the heritage editions.. I think those ones are alloy though.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Got my 35's ordered.

5 of the Kenda Klever RT's in 285/75r18. Ordered them through the Walmart app.. $1438.. they'll be in store and ready to get on tuesday.

Gotta find a pickup to go get them though... I doubt 5 will fit in the back of the Bronco lol. Doh!

Found it odd.. the same tire is available in a 35x12.5.. but the manufacturer says the 35 only stands about 34.5" tall.. but the 285 is a true 35" lol.

Now.... since I only have 4 18" wheels... I need to aquire another to mount the spare on. Going to look around and find the cheapest steelie i can... and then just run a spare tire cover. No way am I spending 360$ on a matching spare wheel lol

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I've noticed that most of the metric truck tires are E rated.

While other standard tires are like 6 ply rated. They typically weigh less too.

Not sure this is your case... I didn't click around to investigate.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
I've noticed that most of the metric truck tires are E rated.

While other standard tires are like 6 ply rated. They typically weigh less too.

Not sure this is your case... I didn't click around to investigate.
From what I've seen, It seems like the vast majority of everything taller than 33" is gonna be E rated.. at least for something offroad-y.

The only D rated 35 I've seen was an offering from Mickey Thompson.. but.. those would of required an entire sack of cash to buy, instead of just 1/2 a sack.. AND they were just as heavy as most E rated tires 🤷‍♀️ lol.

With as many mall-crawlers running around as there is.. I'm really surprised there aren't more offerings for lighter carcassed LARGE tires..

I'm sure the majority of big tires on the roads today not only STAY on the road all the time.. but also don't haul/tow anything heavy.. so it seems like a bit of an untapped market.

I'll ultimately feel better offroad with the E rated tires anyhow. Being as rocky as it is up here.. a thicker tire can definitely be a virtue. Even just driving down logging roads up north will DESTROY an entire set of P/C rated tires in a hurry.. especially If the road has had any sort of recent maintenance. The shale up there is just about sharp enough to shave with.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Appointment for rust proofing has been made and paid for. The product is New Hampshire Oil Undercoating, cost me 300$. Super excited that it's getting proofed before a single speck of salt can touch it 😀

www.nhoilundercoating.com

Also made an appointment for lift, tires, and alignment on the 16th.

Much excite. Next two weeks are gonna seem like an eternity 😋