•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

My Bronco so far

ProjectRoach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Hi guys, ive been cruising around the forum today and I figured ide make a post and show off my truck and what ive done so far. Ive been on the ranger station for some time but I figured ide switch to the BII Corral.

About a year and a half ago I was walking through a pick and pull yard and saw the bronco II sitting off in the corner. I jokingly asked the owner if he would sell it and I ended up buying it for a steal, luckily it hadn't been junked yet so I was able to insure it right away. Turns out I bought it only hours after it was dropped off. Anyways I got it home and was able to get it running and moving within the weekend. I soon realized that the interior was less that salvageable as there was more mouse manure than carpet, so me and a few buddies stripped it down to a shell. This was still early in my mechanic hobby so looking back a lot of useful parts were unknowingly thrown away but regardless it was a learning experience. The truck sat around for a few months before I could get enough money to buy a proper lift kit for it, let it be known the stock suspension was less than functional and barely held the truck up.

When the lift came in we set about ripping out all the old suspension, with oxy acetylene, grinders, and just about anything we could get our hands on. Once the lift was installed the brake lines and driveshafts had to be addressed. I ended up using f-150 lift brake lines and a custom made Dana Spicer shaft from DuffTuff (if you haven't already, check them out, great BII resource). The summer was coming to an end so as one last final hurrah before college we pulled the dash and most of the wiring harness to weld up some rust holes in the firewall. The truck was now mobile again but the front twin I-Beam suspension was all out of alignment after the lift and finding a shop to put in the correct upper ballpoint cams to align it took a few months. in the meantime while I was at school the truck sat at home collecting dust. Once I got it aligned properly I drove it as a daily for about 8 months through the winter and spring bringing us to this past summer. The a4ld automatic blew up on me after a particularly hard day in the woods so again the truck became a driveway ornament. When I was younger I had an 85 ranger and when I had to get rid of it I pulled the engine, tranny, tcase, and the whole interior. I was able to use the rangers manual transmission and the broncos original transfer case, coupled with a collection of 91 ranger and 93 explorer steering column and pedal parts to get the 5 speed working in the truck. There has been many more things done since then, paint, bodywork, new lights and grill etc, but ill leave the boring bits out.

I attached a few pictures of whats been done so far, theres still a lot thats in the works for next summer hopefully.

If you have any questions about the specific parts I used or anything else just leave a comment.

Attachments

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Your Bronco looks really aggressive with that amount of lift. Like it!

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
That is a good looking rig. It's always more satisfying to drive when you've done it yourself. Kudos

ProjectRoach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
That is a good looking rig. It's always more satisfying to drive when you've done it yourself. Kudos

And when something breaks you know exactly what it was because you did all the handiwork, but thank you it’s a big project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk