•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need 86 b2/ ranger evtm and 90 ranger evtm!!!asap

BabyBronco89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
So I'm working on the 4.0 swap and I really need to find these evtms to make things a bit more clear, I didn't plan on using the new stlye steering c

BabyBronco89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Didn't plan on using the 2nd gen steering column so I need to splice my multi switch connections and turn signal connections, also have to wire in the fuel pump, thanks gonna start at her again Tom after work gonna start my build thread now

adsm08

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Multi switch is easy. None of the wires changed colors. Slice a few inches of wire out with the plugs and splice it on to the newer harness.

For the fuel pumps, same deal. Find the wire coming from the inertia switch, find it's end over at the driver's side, and splice the plug from the 86 engine harness on to the end so that it plugs right in. IIRC the fuel pump plug was in a round connector (I used an Explorer harness).

I did all of this wiring the way everyone says is "impossible" or "too much work". I have my fully stock 87 dash and steering column running 100% perfectly with an 89 dash harness and a 94 Explorer engine harness. I had to add two wires to the engine harness for rear lights and one wire to the dash had to be added for the gauges.

BabyBronco89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Hey thanks man I put them side by side and I thought that might be the case, I guess I just needed a little extra reassurance, I stopped where I was because I needed a new pilot bearing and clutch alignment tool, but I'm headed back now to work on her some more, however those evtms would still be helpful,
Is the wiring the same even with the 2 fuel pumps, that's what scared me

But,
I would like to see all of the 84b2rangers through 2000 EVTMS posted in the tech library I'm pretty sure if everyone here at trs compiles their resources that would be easily doable, I had a very rough time finding any wiring diagrams. And I see people asking for them all the time!! I like the wiring color code diagram, I think that will be usefull!

Thanks again!