•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need help finding hardware

Rebel03f150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
I just bought a 1988 bronco II 2wd and the guy had taken the front suspension apart, down to the frame. I need to find out where I can get the hardware to mount everything back onto the frame.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
This would be a perfect time to install a d35. Your original axles are fairly rare now, especially the 2wd axles. You originally had a TIB (Twin I Beam) If you grab a parts ranger or explorer, you could pretty easily turn your b2 into 4x4. And all the connectors would be there for you to use. It would probably be cheaper too. Rangers from 1990 to 1997 and explorers from 1990 to 1994 are good candidates. You could potentially swap in the motor and transmission too, as the 4.0 is a great motor in the b2.

Rebel03f150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
This would be a perfect time to install a d35. Your original axles are fairly rare now, especially the 2wd axles. You originally had a TIB (Twin I Beam) If you grab a parts ranger or explorer, you could pretty easily turn your b2 into 4x4. And all the connectors would be there for you to use. It would probably be cheaper too. Rangers from 1990 to 1997 and explorers from 1990 to 1994 are good candidates. You could potentially swap in the motor and transmission too, as the 4.0 is a great motor in the b2.

Would it be cheaper even if I still have the original TIB suspension? I do want to make it a 4x4 but I wasn’t sure if it would be cost effective for me at the time.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I was going under the assumption that you no longer had the original axles. It would probably be cheaper to source the bolts you need and fix what you have.
Sorry, I don't know what sizes you will need. Some measuring of the holes and guesstimate on length will get you in the ballpark. Its more work I know, but until someone with the knowledge responds.....

Rebel03f150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
2WD
I was going under the assumption that you no longer had the original axles. It would probably be cheaper to source the bolts you need and fix what you have.
Sorry, I don't know what sizes you will need. Some measuring of the holes and guesstimate on length will get you in the ballpark. Its more work I know, but until someone with the knowledge responds.....

I appreciate all your help! Thank you for your response!