•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need Help with Part Name Please

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Ok so today I picked up a set of the 5 spoke Cast Aluminum OEM wheels that were an option for my 1990 Bronco II. It has manual front hubs so I do not need any center caps for the front. However no center caps came with them and I need 2 for the rear. I am guessing that these slip in from the rear of the rim just to cover the center of the brake drum? Any thoughts where I can get 2 of these? The rims were off a 1985 BII that I traded my rims and tires for his rims and then installed 5 new Firestone Destination A/T's 205/75R15's on. This get's me back to what came on the BII back in 1990. These were the last item needed to get it back to completely stock. This is the wheel I am talking about

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bronco-Ranger-II-Factory-Wheel-15-/122398081990?hash=item1c7f7e83c6:g:WJ4AAOSwj85YQMO~&vxp=mtr

Thanks for any help

Dennis

Last edited:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Pics guy, always need pics. Especially stock BII's, love em . Yes the caps go in thru the back of the rim. You may get lucky at a tire and rim shop. If not it's ebay or salvage yards. You may want to post in the parts wanted section of here and the TRS. Good luck.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Go to ebay and type in "Bronco II center cap" I got lots of results from that.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Jerry

I did and all or most all of them were the type that goes on the outside of the rim and has 3 screws. The 5 Spoke wheels center cap I am guessing come in from the back? Picture coming shortly

Dennis

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Jerry

I did and all or most all of them were the type that goes on the outside of the rim and has 3 screws. The 5 Spoke wheels center cap I am guessing come in from the back? Picture coming shortly

Dennis
The next thing I would try is to contact one of guys on ebay that is selling a wheel like yours and ask them if they have center caps.

Also if you have a local scrapyard that is connected to the big network of scrapyards, they can sometimes find a part for you and have it shipped in.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Jerry

I sent a msg to a vender listed on e-bay and he is looking into it for me. Can you provide any help in how to post pictures?

Dennis

Last edited:

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Get a free photo hosting account like at photobucket and upload the photo there. They will provide a link that goes to your photo that you put on the forum in your post.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Does anybody know if this part is just called a center cap or if Ford called it something else. A part number would be really nice.

Dennis