•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Need quick help on brake question

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I am replacing the front pads on my 86 b2. I need it running by tomorrow afternoon. I have the old pads off and the new ones ready to go on and then i hit a snag. The clips that go on the inner brake pad.... is there suppose to be 2 clips per pad or is it just one? The new pads didn't come with the new clips and the guy at the parts store said that you don't get the clips with the bottom end brake pads. Anyways I have 2 clips but I cant seem to find two others and that is what makes me think I only had one on each pad. The new clips from the parts store is $10 and by looking at it online there seems to be only 2 clips in it. I just didnt think about the clips when taking the brakes off because I was under the impression the new ones would have them. If there are only 2 clips one per wheel then I have everything I need. I just cant remember from the last time I did my brakes :icon_confused:

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm pretty sure it's one clip per. They are "squeal" brake lining wear indicators.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
ok good I was starting to get nervous about it. Thanks for the info :icon_thumby: