•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New Front Rotors

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Looking to replace the front brake Rotors on my 90 BII. I checked at Bronco Graveyard and I think I need part number 92514 which calls for axle code 44 and 3.73 axle. I know I have a 3.73 limited slip rear axle because I have decoded the rear axle tag. However I cannot find and tag on the front axle or anything that gives the ratio or any codes. Am I correct to assume the front axle ratio is the same as the rear axle?

Help Please

Dennis

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
the gear ratio should be the same unless someone swapped it. there are cheaper places out there to get the rotors, even auto zone should have them. I ordered mine from buy brakes .com as a kit with the pads and wasn't too pricy.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
I broke the code. A code 44 front axle means you have a 3:73 rear differential but it is not limited slip. It is an open differential (non limited slip) So I have a 3:73 axle code DX limited slip rear differential which means I have a non code 44 front axle. Now I know which rotors I need to buy Thanks everyone for the help in figuring out which rotors I need.

Dennis

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Update

As it does turn out I do have a code 44 front axle. I had to return the non code 44 axle rotors and reorder the code 44 with 3.73 rotors. Now I know. I needed the 2.458 inch in height not the 2.17 inch.

Dennis