•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New guy and have been searching for a BII

Rook

Reaction score
Always had a soft spot for Bronco IIs. My first car was an 88 BII, and I would like to find one again. I have been searching around, and I found this one:

It has a bit of rust on the passenger side.

Otherwise it looks decent from the pictures . Going to go see it in person tomorrow. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Bring some coveralls and crawl under and look up for rust.
-Behind the rear tires in front of the bumper.
-Front floorboards, drivers side is usually worst.
-Take it thru a car wash and look for signs of water at the firewall to floorboard juncture.

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Check "everything" possible on your test drive....cruise control, wipers, windshield washers, lights, etc........all that little stuff can add up when it comes to repairs.

Rook

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice. I will definitely keep it in mind as my search continues. The guy knew I was coming but sold it over the phone by credit card to somebody else.

Can't fault him if if the guy was buying sight unseen. There was definitely some more rust then let on though. I barely had a chance to look behind the rear wheels, and could see the last exhaust bracket had rusted clean through.

The driver and passenger side windows would have definitely needed new seals. Out of curiosity how hard are they to get and replace?

Buckup

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I just bought one from California. There were several others near Sacramento for sale. They all looked really nice and were rust free. they were all about $2500. Mines actually being delivered today. Only $800 delivered to my door in Texas.

If you look at one you can see in person, try to call the seller on facetime/duo and have them give you a walk-around and startup. Ask lots of questions, and like Duffy said, have them flip every switch, move every seat, open every door. Its hard to believe the miles on these, they age very well and the miles flip over. Get a carfax and see if the odometer has flipped, not a big deal, but a good bargaining point. A person in Seattle was selling a 92 Explorer 4x4 Eddie Bauer with 27k on it. It looked great, but the carfax came back showed it had 227k miles.... I passed.

Good luck on your search.

Attachments

duffy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Mine has the same colors in the reverse of yours Buckup.......not nearly as good of shape however. After some body work I'm going to shoot it with tan primer and then semi gloss clear over that.....I like the matte look.

Rook

Reaction score
Thanks Buckup. I will be sure and check out that area. Were you seeing them on Craigslist or somewhere else?