•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

New Seats in 1990 B2

jbby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I just replaced my front seats with some racing style seats from Corbeau. I really liked my stock seats (30 years=very squishy comfy seats lol) but i was concerned about having no headrest if i were ever in an accident. I’m thinking of getting 4 point harnesses eventually for added safety. I also am wanting to switch my interior to black, so the new seats wont look so out of place eventually. Let me know what you think!

PS... the stock seats are for sale if anyone is interested!! $200, driver’s seat comes with mounting bracket. I posted in Parts for Sale section as well!

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
You don't have mounting points for a 4-point harness. The factory seat-belts are plenty good enough if you're not racing. If you're racing then 4-point belts are not legal in any class of racing I know about, so save your money.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I likey :)
Do you have links for the seats and brackets?

jbby

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I likey :)
Do you have links for the seats and brackets?
Thank you!! These are the seats I got...
https://corbeau.com/a4/
As for the brackets just go to brackets, select Ford, and find your year/model. I purchased the bracket for the driver’s seat, and the adapter for the passenger seat. The adapter bolts on top of the stock bracket and allows the passenger seat to still slide forward that extra amount. Heads up, the adapter is the same exact price as the mounting bracket... kind of lame.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
As for the brackets just go to brackets, select Ford, and find your year/model. I purchased the bracket for the driver’s seat, and the adapter for the passenger seat. The adapter bolts on top of the stock bracket and allows the passenger seat to still slide forward that extra amount. Heads up, the adapter is the same exact price as the mounting bracket... kind of lame.
Thanks, I've informed the wife and the budgeting process has begun :) It might take months or a year but I'll get them eventually.

GerikM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Hey how is everything holding up with these seats? I was thinking about putting either the A4 or the Sport seats in from Corbeau, along with a 36" Baja Bench in the back. I couldn't seem to find this anywhere but do your A4 fold forward too or just recline? Thank you!