•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Newbie with '89 Bronco II

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
20220628_210555.jpg

Here is my new Bronco II. Just traded a Jeep Liberty for it. This vehicle actually has 4-wheel drive! :headbang:
The seller told me 180,000 miles, the odometer says 10,000, but I think it's rolled over once (or twice). Body is not bad, except for the necessary dents and chips, and the corner rust in front of the rear fenders. And the driver door rust. And chipped paint rust spots. But nothing like my northern Subaru XT6.
I hope to add value to this sight by posting what I do. I also hope some of the experts can give me pointers.
If anyone knows a good headlight replacement or has some, let me know.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Tell a little more about it! More pics please sir! Gives a little more of a understanding of what you have! Mine’s not pretty but she’s mine all mine and being transformed by me! Doing my own thing to suit my needs!

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
What year? From headlights I’m thinking 89 or 90 maybe 🤔!
'89
20220629_194257.jpg

20220629_072859.jpg

I need interior pics, but it is that ugly ocean of dishwater grey. Torn and sagging headliner, cracked dash, the usual. But not too bad past that. Engine runs well. Exhaust is busted (or cut) just at the front fender well, so it sounds like open headers! :icon-hornsup:
I want to paint it and restore the interior, but I'm not sure exactly what direction. I kinda want to completely change the color scheme to something more modern and saturated. I'd love leather seats and dash, with some rad pattern headliner and lots of off-road lights, but we'll see.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Pretty sweet trade if you ask me...

I personally like the two tone scheme... it represents the era really well. Although it appears to be a good blank canvas to make it your own.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Body looks pretty solid from the pic’s! Not crazy about the running boards lol! Honestly the more you get fixed on her , the more you want to fix! I agree with uncle Gump it is a pretty sweet trade. I wouldn’t be ashamed to rock it! Me personally rather have the older vehicles!

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
My exhaust make’s mine sound like it’s cammed when it’s cold lol! It has a little tone to it.

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Pretty sweet trade if you ask me...

I personally like the two tone scheme... it represents the era really well. Although it appears to be a good blank canvas to make it your own.
Thanks! It wasn't quite a straight trade. I gave him a good check and the 2006 Liberty (2WD with 260k miles) and he threw in some offroad lights (which I heard his wife complaining about :giggle:, so I just took them and said "thanks").
I think Ill base the paint off the original, with similar or same divisions and pinstripes, but different colors. Im leaning Grey Black Orange, deep blood Red with matte Grey side bars, or Teal and Grey with dark black accents.

Perkinator104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Body looks pretty solid from the pic’s! Not crazy about the running boards lol! Honestly the more you get fixed on her , the more you want to fix! I agree with uncle Gump it is a pretty sweet trade. I wouldn’t be ashamed to rock it! Me personally rather have the older vehicles!
Yeah Im gonna have to take those running boards off to fix a rust spot, and I won't put them back on unless I see a good reason. They do help my short legs in washing the roof, though!

Gordy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I hear ya sometimes I wish I had some steps or some rail’s!
I've been looking for some chrome nerf bars to fit the B2 and there aren't a lot of options I have found. Anyone know of any that go on without a lot of modifications that look good?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
30 years ago there were several options. These days not so many.

I will probably build my own rock rail/steps but with some mods... I would think two jeep rails would be close to the same length... but would require some fab work to bolt them on.

gettinmyfirstone

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
4wheel parts has some great selection for ext parts (bumpers, roofracks, ect.) you could check them out for running boards and lights.