•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Newby Intro 86 B2 71k 5M 4x4

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Thanks for letting me join!
Got the old B2 out of pops barn, and I need some advice. Runs like a bat out of hell, but apparently had a leak around side window and drip rail, so I'm afraid to look under carpet. Full resto is a few off, but what areas should I work on now? I'd like to keep her "stock but not really", but I don't rock crawl, just camp alot usual 4x4 stuff as needed. I hate the stance with the 15's, but also don't want 35 or 37's on her. Best baby lift for more aggressive looking stance?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Thanks for letting me join!

I'd like to keep her "stock but not really"
That's what we all say... I believe I responded to your questions over on TRS?

Welcome to Bronco Corral...

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
You did fine Sir, had the mileage wrong there, it is 71k. What plugs do y'all recommend? Just changed out cap and rotor, have new plug wires, just wondering what you've found as a reliable option...thanks!

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
That's what seems to be most popular. I'll go with the Motor craft. Uncle Gump, did you know with a little bit of initiative all my questions can be answered somewhere on here? 🤣

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Well... there can be a couple that get by us. But there are several really knowledgeable members and usually very willing to help out another member.

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
100% true on that!

I can say even before I became a member, I’ve got a lot of good info from this forum! More since I have. Like uncle Gump said, a lot of members with the knowledge and experience will help you out! Just gotta ask or be willing to do a little research!

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Wow man! Body looks to be pretty straight and really seen no rust, unless it’s hiding somewhere! Lol

Seems to be pretty clean from the pictures. What year and mileage if you don’t mine me asking? Your body is in better shape than mine, have to give you credit there! I do like the white! Paint looks good from the pic’s.

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Wow man! Body looks to be pretty straight and really seen no rust, unless it’s hiding somewhere! Lol

Seems to be pretty clean from the pictures. What year and mileage if you don’t mine me asking? Your body is in better shape than mine, have to give you credit there! I do like the white! Paint looks good from the pic’s.
Its an86 with 71k 5M manual lockouts... having some rust issues at the normal places. Degreasing her right now, when done will send pics of engine. DID find out pops put a few thousand miles on her, I left it with 46k, returned to 61k, and I drive it daily. Just stopping rust before resto. Oh, and heet a tree fall on drivers door and roof! So door is replacement. She was regatta blue to start, I'm putting her back towards that. Interior will be rubber flooring. Carpet sucks. 🙄😭😁

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
Understand the rust issue’s I have them myself! Mine has been a working project! Had automatic transmission and finally swapped it out for manual 5spd. Best thing I ever did for it! Gonna swap out auto hubs for a manual set I have. But got other priorities that needs to be done first! Honey do list, we all know about those lol!
F47A322C-9A56-4554-B3CC-81C0A50695D2.jpeg
CC240A85-B076-41FE-AFD8-52E81EB6E83A.jpeg
E325B2F8-E9D9-4451-8CEC-6353F3341DEA.jpeg

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
85 Bii 2.8 v6 195k on her, but she runs great! Especially still having the feedback carb and tfi ignition still on it! I have removed most of the emissions stuff from it! Run’s a lot better since I have! Done a cat delete made a world of difference.

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Well, it was only 105 degrees today. Degreased engine bay and underneath, that was nasty, discovered gonna need a new floor pan, degreased entire exterior, then hand washed to get rid of any remnants....I'm tired now. Haha

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
85 Bii 2.8 v6 195k on her, but she runs great! Especially still having the feedback carb and tfi ignition still on it! I have removed most of the emissions stuff from it! Run’s a lot better since I have! Done a cat delete made a world of difference.
What tires are you runnin'? Chunked my cat too, being in Arkansas no one gives a shit about your emissions lol. How much lift for those wheels and tires? What are those wheels?

Bronco 2 man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Suspension Style
4wd
31x10.50/15 on 15x8 d-lock wheels with no lift! Have a 2in suspension lift that I haven’t installed. Thinking about changing my rear leafs out for some explorer rear leafs. They are a little beefier spring from what I’ve read. Thinking about changing out the front coils also! Can’t hurt nothing except maybe a better ride lol! Got a little floor pan issue’s and in the cowl area leaking from where it sat under a tree for about 7 or 8 years lol! So don’t get me wrong I feel your pain there! Have a lot more time than money in ol’ Girty, but would do it all over again lol.

BBronk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Got the interior trim panels and headliner ripped out now. Gotta find those leaks and stop them!
She kinda has a tinny echo right now lol.
Still running the 28 and 7.5? Or did you switch?
At that stage of dreaming convertible or keep it stock. I have a friend that's an amazing body guy, throwing ideas around about custom roll cage and removable hardtop. That's alot of coin, and my mind may change tomorrow. In the mean time, I do what's in my realm of knowledge and abilities, so I really appreciate you helping me out.