•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

No breaks when trucks running

Bigfoot Bronco

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Tick Tick Boom!
Hows it going everyone. this is my first post, i recently did a 4 in lift on my 86 bronco ii. i had break lines detached for about a week and it drained a good amount. once i finished up the life i went ahead and reattached the break lines and refilled the reservoir and proceeded to bleed the breaks till the pedal was nice and stiff and the fluid looked clean.

My problem is that once i start up my bronco all the pressure in my pedal dissapears and loses all breaking ability. i cant build up any pressure with the truck running. only when its off. any ideas on what this may be? could a solenoid be getting stuck open when its powered up?

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I suspect you need more bleeding. Make sure you start from the passenger rear, then drivers rear, then passenger front, and last is drivers front. You can make a vacuum bleeder from a mason jar and some clear hose using engine vacuum. It sure beats pumping.

Last edited:

Bigfoot Bronco

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Tick Tick Boom!
I suspect you need more bleeding. Make sure you start from the passenger rear, then drivers rear, then passenger front, and last is drivers front. You can make a vacuum bleeder from a mason jar and some clear hose using engine vacuum. It sure beats pumping.

thank you very much, that did the trick just some more proper bleeding was ass she needed.