•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

No Fuel Pressure and No Start Condition

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have an 86 Bronco 2, It was unable to turn over and the mechanics had told me there was air in the fuel lines. after getting it back it was parked for 4 hours and then would not start up again.

Am I correct that in the on position the Schrader valve should produce 40 PSi of fuel pressure? Currently there is no pressure or fuel at all coming our of the valve in the on position when i depress it.

I have replaced the in tank pump, rail pump, pressure regulator valve, EEC relay, Fuel pump relay, and it still will not turn over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

crosshairs4495

Reaction score
I have an 86 Bronco 2, It was unable to turn over and the mechanics had told me there was air in the fuel lines. after getting it back it was parked for 4 hours and then would not start up again.

Am I correct that in the on position the Schrader valve should produce 40 PSi of fuel pressure? Currently there is no pressure or fuel at all coming our of the valve in the on position when i depress it.

I have replaced the in tank pump, rail pump, pressure regulator valve, EEC relay, Fuel pump relay, and it still will not turn over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You
When you turn your key to the on position do you hear a buzz or the fuel pumps kick on? I had an issue where the fuel injectit's go into the fuel rail one,had a micro crack and would loosr pressure immediately and causr it not to fire if you hear the relay click and pumps fire up you just need to get the air out
of the lines and find the leak if thats the problem

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I hear the relay click and a buzz, and the gas tank makes a sucking sound.

I dont have any leaks or fuel smell, But I will remove the fuel rail and see if there are any faulty injectors

Thank you

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Sucking sound, that doesn't seem normal. Sounds like it is sucking air. Is there gas in the tank? Don't trust the gauge.

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Theres about 7 gallons in the tank, the sending unit sits a little high so the Gauge reads empty a little prematurely. The clicking sound happens for about a second or two then theres a sucking sound.

crosshairs4495

Reaction score
Theres about 7 gallons in the tank, the sending unit sits a little high so the Gauge reads empty a little prematurely. The clicking sound happens for about a second or two then theres a sucking sound.
It sounds like there is a leak somewhere I had the Orings on the injectors themselves go out and needed to replace all of them they are special and you would only notice a very small amount of fuel at first and you would here a sucking sound with some air bubbles usually where the sound is coming from is where the leak is the fuel sustem is. That's what I found with mine,right before I got it running again the Orings are special and have plastic spacers make sure you get new ones they get slightly crushed and they won't stop leaking rock auto has some that are relatively cheap

crosshairs4495

Reaction score
It sounds like there is a leak somewhere I had the Orings on the injectors themselves go out and needed to replace all of them they are special and you would only notice a very small amount of fuel at first and you would here a sucking sound with some air bubbles usually where the sound is coming from is where the leak is the fuel sustem is. That's what I found with mine,right before I got it running again the Orings are special and have plastic spacers make sure you get new ones they get slightly crushed and they won't stop leaking rock auto has some that are relatively cheap

Worst case you could have a leak before the fuel pump you said you had something replaced in the tank double check the work done there too

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
does the sucking sound stop after a bit or keep on going?

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The sucking sound is right after I try to start it and only lasts about a second or two.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ok, sounds like the pump is building pressure in the lines and stopping. You should see pressure at the scrhader valve on the rail with the key on. If not you'll have to track it down as to where the pressure is lost.

When you say it wont turn over do you mean it doesn't crank or it doesn't run?

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
It doesnt run, I tried using Starting fluid in the air intake and it got close a few times but never started to run.

Would the sending unit have anything to do with it? Its still the original.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
If it didn't start with starting fluid, I'd think spark. Have you checked for spark?

Kramerstyle1234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Figured it out, the rail pump was installed backwards. That fixed it right away, thanks for the help everyone. Seems like the problem the whole time was me.