•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

No Spark

84bronco2.8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2
Hello,

I recently picked up a b2 that was apparently a daily driver not too long ago. The guy I got it from traded for it then drove it two hours home and during that trip he said he would have to keep the pedal to the floor to keep it running at red lights. When I got it into my garage, it started up right away but I noticed a gas leak at the carb and shit it down to fix that. It will still crank but I’m not getting any spark. I’ve replaced spark plugs, wires, dist cap, fuel pump, tfi, and I will be checking out the relays tonight but I’m not too sure what I’m doing. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated! TYIA

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I think most folks switch that have those 2.8L with computer controlled carb and TFI switch them to a standard carb and Duraspark ignition. The right distributors to do that with are pretty well gone these days.

There are a few that have played with them enough... maybe they will offer you something more helpful.

p51mustangfox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
You can change it points really easily if you want to get rid of that ECM. My 84 is running on Capri (Mercury U.S. or Euro Ford) distributor. They are supposed to have points instead of the electronic ignition.

Last edited: