•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

ODB-I scanner that reads live data PIDs

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Has anybody tried a scanner that can read real time ODB-I PIDs?

I saw this one on a YouTube vid working on a 94 F-150;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011ICD2WQ/?coliid=I2BCLMNTG33Y1D&colid=2SE4KB56FCH5B&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If this would do the same on the BII it would greatly simply diagnosis. Being able to read ECT and ACT temps, MAP barometer, O2 voltage, etc would make life much easier.

I emailed support for the Actron unit and they said the BII is supported but they don't know if the BII ECM supports live data through ODB.

It seems that this unit is a re-badged Bosch unit and may also be sold under the OTC brand.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
And the answer is..... No!

The menu for Datastreaming isn't available for the BII. It will do what a basic code reader will do. I have the Innova code reader already.

For a short product review.
It is easy to use and I like the OBD1 cables, they are good quality for a home user. For everyday use, I'd like them to be a little more robust but it inst likely that they would get used everyday at this point with OBD1 having been last implemented about 20 years ago.

It doesn't come with batteries, 4-AAA needed or the USB cable to connect it to a PC and I had to try two USB cables to get it to connect to my PC. One was cheap no name that didn't work and the cable that did work was the one that came with my Garmin GPS.

If I had a stable of ODB1 cars from different brands, I'd keep it instead of buying ODB1 readers for multiple makers.