•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Perfection! Rebuilt injectors.

Cees Klumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II 2WD
After buying my '90 Bronco II (2.9 EFI V6) here in southern California last October, an original survivor with about 130K miles on the clock, I finally ironed out the various issues, and it's a very good feeling!

When I got it, it ran very poor when cold and only so-so when up to operating temperature. The main things that I found cured all the rough stuff, were:
  • installing a new fuel pressure regulator
  • fitting 6 rebuilt, flow-matched injectors
  • calibrating the idle stop-screw on the air intake flap

It now idles and runs very smoothly, and accellerates surprisingly fast, for such a heavy truck. It pulls much stronger than before, especially after I fitted the rebuilt injectors this afternoon. It was always a joy to drive, but now it's positively quick. The rebuilt (Bosch) injectors were less than $60 delivered, best $60 I spent on the car. Before, there was a marked 'dip' when accellerating beyond say 60% throttle, unless you really floored it, then it would sort of take off. Now it's strong throughout the range.

Other things I replaced:
  • all ignition parts except the distributor itself and the coil
  • the MAF, coolant temp sensor, and TPS
  • assorted vacuum lines
  • the PCV valve and collection canister
  • the PO had put in a new fuel pump and filter, and air filter
  • replaced the intake manifold gaskets

Don't hesitate to try a set of fresh injectors. I did put on new seals etc on my old ones, but that did not help.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9l
Suspension Style
4wd
Awesome to hear she's running good for you. Quick question: did you throw in stock 16lb injectors or go for something like 19lb? I hear 19lb ones from a 5.0 are common, sometimes with a 58mm or 60mm throttle body as well. I also have that dead spot in my acceleration, so I'm just looking for some info. Thanks

Cees Klumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II 2WD
I just went for the stock Bosch injectors and the stock throttle body is on it. I would stick to how the engineers designed it. At $60 for 6 rebuilt injectors delivered, I would try this first before experimenting, personally. Did wonders for my truck. Good luck,

Nelson and Hudson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Where did you find a complete set for $60? I thought they were $60 each! I was going to order a rebuild kit.