•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Picking up my next B2 Project

Kenny97527

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ever finish that lift? I'd love to see some pics

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Not completely, as always other things get in the way. Have a few parts to Powder coat yet before I can get it completed but it's close

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Updates, I decided to smoke out all the lights and run all LED bulbs in my markers, tail, stop, turn, reverse and front as well. As normal nothing goes as you figure it would. I started by reading posts and doing my research. Ordered the lights needed for the replacement from Amazon (JDM Star bulbs) and got the new flasher for them from E-bay (2-Prong LED compatible Flasher EF32RL).
The flasher is reverse wiring so I made an 8” pigtail flopped the connections and then grounded it to the body, turn signals work all around, good to go. NOPE! On the rear lights with the parking/head lights off the bulb was extremely dim light (should be off) but functioned with the flasher and brake, turn on the headlights and the tail lights will be bright like the brake is being pushed, so no brake light when the pedal is pushed. So little more research and nothing really talked about this that I could find. Here’s what I did to fix this issue.
Bought 2 - 6 ohm resistors for the rear only. Tied these into the ground and the LG/Br wire reinstalled the bulbs and tested, everything now works as it should. Lights off, on, turn, brake, all functioning. I’ve read that a 3 ohm resistor is used on all 4 turn signals but also that the LED Flasher would work without the need for those. Come to find out that the rear would need them anyway for all lights to function properly. Thinking that after running it like this for a while and testing if there are any problems I’ll run the resistors at all 4 lights.

Attachments

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Lift is almost complete, need an alignment. Moon visor is on, fender flairs on, rear bumper and body lift gap covered. getting there. need to work on wiring done on the winch and 2nd battery and get a new front driveshaft made. Progress.

Attachments

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Still a work in progress but getting a lot closer. Some wiring to do yet and mirrors. getting the plates on it next week so I can take it in for the alignment. looking to get this on the road, been a long journey to this point

Attachments

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Very Nice

Dennis

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well mirrors are on, new gauge cluster built and wired in, carb might still have a little adjustments to do but I believe it's ready. I think we'll road test it for a bit before I take it out any distance. Been a while since it's driven.
So many hours in the shop working on this, now that it's ready to go and I set there looking at it I'm thinking... damn I don't what to do with my time now that it's about done, have to find a new project before the wife finds one for me.

Once this rain quits and we get a little sun I'll get some finished pictures and put them up.

Attachments

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well is on the road. little timing adjustments but running good. only issue so far is the trans, short 1st gear, long second to third, no power in 2nd and 3rd, seems to pull down the motor, kick the throttle to get back to second and it hits but that's even short. Expressway drive and I'm lucky to hit 65/70 but nothing above 70.

Wondering if the valve body is gumming up from setting 4+ years? any ideas on this? I'm not a trans guy. has the C5 trans

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
well figured some of this out. multiple vacuum leaks on the intake and EGR plate. So after all the work I already did to this thing and the duraspark conversion I guess I should have done the intake gaskets when I had it apart. Oh well, running good right now, no leaks and pulling 16psi at idle when I reset the carb. so it's ready for the road test again once the weather clears up a bit.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm waiting to see the whole thing done and the lights at night. Very good job on her.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
it's on the road, still some stuff I want to do (we never really finish a project do we?)
I'll post the lights under the lighting - electrical section directly. and tomorrow I'll get some good photos up now that I'm driving it.
Still have little stuff to do. messing with the carb and timing to get it right, still have the rear axle to build and get installed, need step bars and a few other odds and ends but after 4.5 years it's a nice feeling to get it driving

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Looks great. Yeah a "project" vehicle never really is done. I have a lot of stuff I'd love to do with my 88 Bronco 2 but mostly comes down to $$$.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford

jmburton1993

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That thing looks amazing! Where'd you get the front bumper at?

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Now that I've driven it a little more, 175miles, and 1.5 quarts oil later.... smoking and blow by was terrible, Bad valve seals, almost all 12 were missing chunks or completely broken in half, now that's done not much smoke but I think a little burn off yet. need to run it today and make some adjustments again, but it's getting there. it's always something.

buck119fa

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well it's been a while since I've been on here. Not much to update, did some work on the Holley carp I put on here to get it to run better. Still adjusting but really haven't driven it all winter. I really think I'm going with the V8 swap in this. the little 2.8 and the tires I have... it just won't get out of it's own way. Runs great around town but can't hold speed over 65. Still a fun little truck.
Got the replacement rear axle ready to weld up and get powder coated. I'll get that swap done this summer. looking at picking up a ranger with a V8 swap already done for all the parts... Always a work in progress, never enough time and money!