•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Question 1: 4.0 Swap

ottoparts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I've been doing some research and reading on swapping in a 4.0. However I cannot find concrete info on what year of explorer is just a engine harness/PCM swap versus a engine harness/PCM/dash wiring. I've acquired a 94 explorer. Anyone use a 94 for their conversion?
Thanks

GTme94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/7
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm in the process of a 4.0L swap. I'm using an '87 dash/harness and a '93 Ranger engine/harness. I haven't gone thru that particular write up but I found all the Ford wiring diagrams and have gone thru wire by wire. So far all there have been all the required corresponding wires needed but now I have a lot of soldering to do to join them. The '93 had a white, big round plug that I labeled all the wires from, the B2 dash harness has multiple connectors with corresponding circuits. My swap is more complicated since the B2 is an 84 and it didn't have enough required wires to do the swap "easily". Luckily I had the '87 B2 donor so I swapped the entire dash/harness, underhood harness and rear body harness to make it easier with electric fuel pump and such.

ottoparts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm in the process of a 4.0L swap. I'm using an '87 dash/harness and a '93 Ranger engine/harness. I haven't gone thru that particular write up but I found all the Ford wiring diagrams and have gone thru wire by wire. So far all there have been all the required corresponding wires needed but now I have a lot of soldering to do to join them. The '93 had a white, big round plug that I labeled all the wires from, the B2 dash harness has multiple connectors with corresponding circuits. My swap is more complicated since the B2 is an 84 and it didn't have enough required wires to do the swap "easily". Luckily I had the '87 B2 donor so I swapped the entire dash/harness, underhood harness and rear body harness to make it easier with electric fuel pump and such.
Where did you acquire the wiring diagrams?
Thanks